LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Multiple Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Multiple Problems

Okay so recently I unbolted my dash and took out my radio and hvac and now the lights on my hvac panel wont work also for some reason my abs inop light wants to be on and so does the brake light for my e brake but sometimes it wont come on its either on or off when i start my car and also my low traction light will flicker with my brake light when im moving sometimes and its solid when im stopped but flashes when im moving i dont get it. Also my power steering keeps cutting out for a few seconds then will kick back in what would cause that? I replaced my power steering pump about 2 years ago.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump ttt
Old 07-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

If the dash lights just started acting up when you took your dash it may be a good idea to take it back off and examine what happened. More than likely that is where the problem is originating.
As far as the steering goes, have you checked your fluid level? Check that, if full then you may need to bleed the power steering system. To do so is fairly easy- Put the front of the car on jackstands so the front wheels are suspended, start the engine, quickly turn the steering lock to lock. Do not keep the steering on lock. It's bad for the pump especially when low on fluid. Do this several times and then check your fluid. If it's low then simply refill and turn lock to lock several more times and keep checking.
Check to see if you have any leaks in the p/s system as well...