LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Removing egr stuff

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Removing egr stuff

What do I need to do to remove this stuff? I know I need the egr block off plate and since I am using Pascetters with no egr I should be ok there. The air pump (is there somthing I need to do there)? What about codes or check engine lights will I have an issue with those?
Old 07-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The EGR is connected to the PCV I believe. Air pump comes off the exhaust manifolds.

You gain zero performance for removing the air pump, but I did because I needed the room. I had no issues with the check engine light, however I am OBD1. I believe OBD2 will throw you a light.

EGR is straight forward. Remove the bolts, then the lines, thats it. 5 minutes.
The check engine light however I am not sure.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

EGR has absolutely nothing to do with the PCV.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when you remove the EGR, block it off and plug up the smaller air vacuum plugs too..

i saw your garage has a '94 so it should still be OBD1. So when you remove the air pump again plug up the vacuum hookups and should be ok, be sure the vacuum is tight or have trouble spark. if its OBD2 it will throw codes for both EGR and AIR and will need reprogramming to not check for it. like said before AIR delete doesnt do anything other than space and/or weight but its not that much difference.

tried to remember by memory on all this but my 97 has more issues on this project than the OBD1 cars.

Quick Reply: Removing egr stuff