LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Oil Pressure Problems ! !!!!!!! !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Oil Pressure Problems ! !!!!!!! !!!

Well since ive owned the car my pressure always read pretty low, but now it has gotten worse. While driving pressure is fine but now when im sitting at a stop light my check gauges light comes on because my oil pressure gauge is sitting on 0. I put a new sensor on about 3 months ago since mine was broken while having the LT's installed. I got it from advanced and was thinking maybe it was just a cheap sensor. What is the best way to check? put a manual gauge on it ? If so do you plug it in where the sensor is now or somewhere else? Any thoughts or ideas is appreciated, not getting any knocking of any kind
Thanks in advance James B.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a port right above the oil filter. You can tap in there for a pressure reading with your mechanical gauge.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i put the mechanical gauge in the same port that the sensor goes in to make sure that it was the sensor that was bad and not my motor it was my sensor went to the dealership and bought a new one problem solved but i installed a autometer oil pressure gauge this weekend so i hope it reads more accurate then the stock one my oil pressure is low
(typical with most lt1's) but when the sensor went out it pegged zero that was scary
Old 07-07-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by baylove
i put the mechanical gauge in the same port that the sensor goes in to make sure that it was the sensor that was bad and not my motor it was my sensor went to the dealership and bought a new one problem solved but i installed a autometer oil pressure gauge this weekend so i hope it reads more accurate then the stock one my oil pressure is low
(typical with most lt1's) but when the sensor went out it pegged zero that was scary
Glad to hear, I was about to say don't drive it if you are sitting at zero oil pressure....

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure Problems ! !!!!!!! !!!