LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Quick question on slp line lock

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question on slp line lock

I recently purchased the slp line lock kit for my 95 z28 and installed it with no issues. But i noticed that when i press the brake then flip the switch the BRAKE light comes on my dash, and only goes away after i flip off the switch (car starts to leave but light is still on) then I have to tap the brake one time to get the BRAKE light to turn off, is this normal? thanks for the help.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the SLP line lock and my brake light comes on also. Mines stays on until I hit the brakes to equalize the system after turning off the switch. I believe it is due to the loss of pressure to the rear brakes while pressure is still on the front with the line lock on. This happens because the brake distribution valve and switch sees a loss of pressure on the rear brakes and the internal valve moves towards the side with the loss of pressure (rear in this case) and contacts the switch which activates the light. After the line lock is off and you tap the brakes to equalize the system, the internal valve moves back to the center position which also turns off the brake light. After a burn out and the switch is off, just tap the brakes and the light should go out. The valve is a safety device to indicate a system failure, but in this case we are simulating a failure with the line lock activated.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see, thanks for the explination!

Quick Reply: Quick question on slp line lock