LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fast XFI question

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fast XFI question

Can you run the Fast XFI system with the optispark distributor or do you have to change the ignition system? I have a MSD opti in it now.

I have a LT1 standard bore with a Eagle forged 350 crank, Eagle 5.7 H-beam rods and Ross flat top forged pistons. The heads have been ported, but still have the stock valves. I didn`t build this motor. I picked it up from a friend through a trade. I had the cam that was put in it reground and Lunati at Bullet Racing Cams spec`d a new cam for me. I wish I had of known what exactly he was doing because after all was said and done, I have basically a LT4 Hot Cam now. Oh well. This motor is going in my 67 camaro and I`m just for the time being trying to get the car together and running. Just thinking ahead though for future mods.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:22 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you can. The XFI has a provision in the operational parameters for the Opti-spark. One click and your done. Just get the harness for it from FAST.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:51 AM
Launching!

While you can do that the stock pcm is miles ahead for what you have right now and most likely in the future unless your future includes a lot of boost/nitrous or very high rpm use. Its not the easiest thing in the world to get aftermarket efi setups working smoothly on the street if you've never played that game before. The obd1 pcm is capable of just about anything you want it to do in the right hands, but there is a point it should be abandoned, and 99% of people will never get close to that.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks all. Nitrous is in the future of this motor. I guess I`ll cross that bridge when I get there though

Quick Reply: Fast XFI question