LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

YSI LT1 stroker+ LSX tuning!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default YSI LT1 stroker+ LSX tuning!!!!

well i made a decsion to go with the EFI LS1 computer upgrade and LS2 coils... there are so many LS tuning gurus around here that can make my car run much better plus the LT1 computer will only go till around 7k rpms and i have a bigger solid roller cam plus this blower likes higher rpms.... i have a good setup with roll cage, 12 bolt spool, meth injection, street lite wheels and 28 inch ET drags, everything that BMR has for an F body from the K member to the track pack combo.... i am using stock heads but have about 15 hours of work done to them by a reputable machine shop and yellowterra shaft mount rockers... with the S trim i had it was running 6.52 at 108.8mph and had around 545rwhp and 525tq tuned by CAM....

i will keep you guys posted on the new setup and should have it tuned and running ETs in 4-6 weeks!!!! maybe be at the next LTX shootout as well
Old 07-12-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a somewhat similiar setup so let me ask you a question. I am about to order the EFI connection setup as well. Are you buying the harness or doing the DIY harness?

Car sounds sick
Old 07-12-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am getting the do it yourself and saving a **** ton of money... keep in mind the only reason i am doing that is cause i have a freind that built his own megasquirt and he is building it for me... the guy from EFI i think charges too much for building it but at the same time its not easy either... i just think its not worth what they charge for labor but it can be a monopoly due to not everyone can build it, but some can as well... mike is a stand up guy that was very helpfull on the phone and unless you dont have a guy like i do hat can build this system i recomend paying the extra money and letting him do it... i am shooting for 5.7-5.9's at 118-125mph in the 8th mile and i can meet this goal better with LS1 tuning.... and i will say i am not too sad about doing away with the optispark
Old 07-12-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea I agree with you 100 percent. So far I think I can get it done for less than $900. Getting the coils and PCM tomarrow, and ordering the kit in the next week or so. I havea TCI box for my 4L80E so the only thing I am going to have to repin the motor stuff, should be pretty simple I would think.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

You Should Throw up Some Pics !!!

Quick Reply: YSI LT1 stroker+ LSX tuning!!!!