LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Mototron 60# Injector Intall

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mototron 60# Injector Intall

i was flying through my injector install until i got to the part where i install my new siemens mototron injectors into the fuel rail. so there's two slits to install clips on these injectors. one slit is for ls1's, which doesn't work for the lt1. the other slit does fit the lt1 clips, but they sit slightly different inside the fuel rail. they don't go in quite as deep into the fuel rail as the stock lt1 injectors, but they go in and seem secure.

is this the correct way to install them? or do i not use the clips at all or do i have to modify the mototron injectors or fuel rail? i've heard that these injectors require no modifications to the rail or injector, so i'm assuming setting the clip on the slit that fits the lt1 clips is correct. if anyone can confirm for me so i can finally finish my supercharger install, that would be awesome! i just don't want to install them then have to take everything apart again. thanks!!
Old 07-13-2009, 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hell with the clips! Once the fuel rail is bolted down it can't go anywhere. The clips are more for keeping the injectors in the fuel rail when you remove the rail, and in any case the fit of the o-rings in the rail will keep them in position upon removal.

I don't have the clips on my Delphi 42#s.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mtedenajimenez
i was flying through my injector install until i got to the part where i install my new siemens mototron injectors into the fuel rail. so there's two slits to install clips on these injectors. one slit is for ls1's, which doesn't work for the lt1. the other slit does fit the lt1 clips, but they sit slightly different inside the fuel rail. they don't go in quite as deep into the fuel rail as the stock lt1 injectors, but they go in and seem secure.

is this the correct way to install them? or do i not use the clips at all or do i have to modify the mototron injectors or fuel rail? i've heard that these injectors require no modifications to the rail or injector, so i'm assuming setting the clip on the slit that fits the lt1 clips is correct. if anyone can confirm for me so i can finally finish my supercharger install, that would be awesome! i just don't want to install them then have to take everything apart again. thanks!!
i installed my mototron 60lbs today and i used the clip on the slit that worked, it will be fine.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

sweet, yea, i just installed the clips where they fit and the injectors fit fine. thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: Mototron 60# Injector Intall