LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Air/egr ????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air/egr ????????

One question, what vacuum lines do I block off???? I removed everything and blocked off the back of the intake with the plates. Do I just block off the HVAC check valve on the driver side and If I remember right just havethe one fuel pressure regualtor line hooked up and then what about the driver side???? Can I do away with that hole EGR solenoid on the driver side or what????? Plug that vacuum line off or no????? Need to Know ASAP, here is the link to shbox's site to show pics of what I'm talking about!

http://shbox.com/1/egr1.jpg
http://shbox.com/1/evap_sol.jpg

Also what the hell is the vacuum line that comes out of the wiring harness bundle that is on the passenger side! I have no clue what the hell this is to! Not sure if it went to some thing with the HVAC system or not. Looks like it could hook right upto the intake or or possible somewhere by where the evaporator was at. There is about 6-7 inches exposed from the actual wire harness bundle. It's been 3 and half months of the car being ripped apart and I can't remember!

Thanks alot Steve

Last edited by 94BlueZ28; 07-16-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

All of the vacuum lines you need to delete are on the driver side. The lines on the passenger side of the intake manifold drive the HVAC flapper door and the fuel pressure regulator. Remove the entire EGR solenoid.

Like mentioned, the vacuum line coming out of the wiring harness is for the flapper door. It hooks into a tee near the HVAC box to the right of the PCM.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:42 PM
TECH Resident

Well Do i need that stuff either with no A/C and no heat, my car is gutted under the dash and under the hood...... Hell as of right now there is no HVAC check valve and nothing back there put the PCM, lol! So can I just plug it off and be good.

Basically I have the line from the fuel pressure regulator hooking to the bottom vaccum ripped intake fitting, the top plugged-Passenger sire and for the driver side I don't have anything but the brake booster fitting. So I have one on each side plugged. Is this good???? Because I have both the EGR solenoid gone and the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve gone as of right now???? This one has the TB hose though so I'm not sure about it either, **** I'm losing my mind with this ****!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 94BlueZ28
Well Do i need that stuff either with no A/C and no heat, my car is gutted under the dash and under the hood...... Hell as of right now there is no HVAC check valve and nothing back there put the PCM, lol! So can I just plug it off and be good.

Basically I have the line from the fuel pressure regulator hooking to the bottom vaccum ripped intake fitting, the top plugged-Passenger sire and for the driver side I don't have anything but the brake booster fitting. So I have one on each side plugged. Is this good???? Because I have both the EGR solenoid gone and the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve gone as of right now???? This one has the TB hose though so I'm not sure about it either, **** I'm losing my mind with this ****!
How are you purging fuel vapor? Are you leaving the hose open? You may want to keep the purge system if you don't want to smell fuel all day long. That's your preference though.

From what you describe, you need the fuel pressure regulator line, the optispark vent hose (if you have a vented optispark), the brake booster line and the PCV valve.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

I have a 94, no vented opti!, not sure about the fule purge vapor thing! NO CLUE AT ALL! I don't want to smell gas. Is that line in the actual fuel line harness, I noticed there is one tube just hanging out there exposed. Not sure what that one is about either????

Quick Reply: Air/egr ????????