LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Wiring question at u/h fusebox in 96 T/A or Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiring question at u/h fusebox in 96 T/A or Camaro

OK, the previous owner decided that the best way to fix an overheating problem was to butcher the cooling fan wiring and now that I'm trying to fix it I'm running into an issue. I have found the 10g power feed wires, relay trigger wires and load wires but the 12v+ trigger wires (orange in my pics) are all cut and tied together to the same 12v+ wire with the leads that they used to be attached to just hanging. The problem is I can't find where they are fed from and they are all dead. I have checked all of the fuses (u/h and dash) and all of the fusible links seem good.

Can anybody tell me what circuit these wires are fed from?

It's just the orange ones, though the p.o. spliced in all kinds of colors to make them fit. It looks better now and all exposed wires are taped up but the fans relays are still fed from the same 12v+ trigger.

Thanks!

Justin
Old 07-22-2009, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so.....nobody?
Old 07-22-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The previous owner should have his hands cut off so that he can never work on a car again!

To avoid stumbling through that nightmare, I would consider getting a new chasis harness w/ fuse block and replace what you have there. Haven't done it before though.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, since they are just the 12V+ trigger wires for the relays there is really no harm in leaving them all running from the same feed as they do not draw any real current so I don't see a new chassis harness in my future, but I would like to know where they are supposed to be getting power from. The car is still not turning on the fans from the computer, I'm going to look into that more tonight. I'm wondering if these aren't powered from the computer like the neg. triggers are, if that's the case then the bare wires could have shorted the fan programming in the PCM, or (hopefulle) caused it to shunt that circuit. Maybe resetting the computer will fix it.

Anybody want to come to League City and scan my PCM? Maybe reprogram my fan temps? Delete my emissions stuff? I'm really curious to see what all the PCM says as I think it's pretty fugged up based on how rich it's running.

Quick Reply: Wiring question at u/h fusebox in 96 T/A or Camaro