LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Are you running K&N intake system, with different filter, come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Are you running K&N intake system, with different filter, come on in !!

When I bought the car, that how it come with, I think the preview owner not running K&N filter, cause oiled type filter ( could dirty and damage MaF sensor ), Any way any body know any other type of filter is hook up right to my K&N intake ?

will this filter from Lingenfelter intake work ?

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...egory_Code=C68

Thanks !!
Old 07-26-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I used an APC universal conical (non-paper, re-chargeable) for my K&N, got it at advanced auto/auto zone for like $20 some odd dollars, comes with multiple sizes of couplers

I did buy a replacement K&N filter that was supposed to be for my intake after the stocker got ripped off in an accident (verified the p/n's) and it never fit 100%
Old 07-26-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myltwon
I did buy a replacement K&N filter that was supposed to be for my intake after the stocker got ripped off in an accident (verified the p/n's) and it never fit 100%
That is probably because someone overtightened the filter to the tube and caused the tube dimensions to change due to pressure.

I just got done redoing my Moroso intake on both the filter and the MAF sides because the previous owner overtightened them. Not hard to do and it basically ends up in 'as-cast' shape when done.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the oil damaging your MAF is a myth IF you oil it correctly. people who do damage it overoil it and mess their MAF up. but many people have ran them for years with no problems. if you are that concerned just go to K&Ns website and order a direct replacement. it will be properly oiled and will not mess anything up
Old 07-27-2009, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, just don't over-oil. I'm running a K&N with a MUCH bigger K&N filter on it.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 TA - The Beast
That is probably because someone overtightened the filter to the tube and caused the tube dimensions to change due to pressure.

I just got done redoing my Moroso intake on both the filter and the MAF sides because the previous owner overtightened them. Not hard to do and it basically ends up in 'as-cast' shape when done.
the replacement wouldn't fit over the intake not the reverse

Quick Reply: Are you running K&N intake system, with different filter, come on in !!