LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

HELP!! What would cause an injector to stick open??

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default HELP!! What would cause an injector to stick open??

I have been chasing a huge miss since last fall. There is massive fuel being dumped (puddles on the garage floor) into the exhaust and it drowns out the spark. I verified this by putting new plugs in, firing up the car and the #8 comes out shiny and new (and wet) as well as the header tube being much colder then the rest. The fuel is drowning the spark out. So #8 it is.

I've switched the #8 injector to another hole and it didn't do anything. Still shiny new plug in #8. I am convinced it is the wiring but have gone through the harness and versafueler wiring and don't see anything cut or out of the ordinary. I'm running a versafuler and 72# injectors on a 95 TA btw.

The opti was just done last month so that should be OK.

What in the wiring would cause an injector to stick open. I am getting 11.55V from the pink wire on #8 and all the wires on the driver side for that matter. The ground wire looks fine. Is there another ground I'm missing??

Any ideas??
Thanks
Old 07-28-2009, 02:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not getting any DTC codes either but I am seeing "Injector fault" under the (binary) status bit display with TTSdatamaster.

Quick Reply: HELP!! What would cause an injector to stick open??