LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Question: Ram Air Hood Mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question: Ram Air Hood Mod

Has anyone on here done a mod to open up the openings inside the hood? from the looks of it, they are curved up so as to keep water/rain from going into the air filter. That being said, when you have a garage queen, rain doesn't come into play but on a rare occurrence, but would be nice to mod them so that should you get caught in the rain, you could put them back and take them off easily. Thought I had read somewhere someone doing this on the Ram Air TAs. Figure this might get a little more air to the motor. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

It seems like a small aspect to consider on a stock or near stock car. Don't know your mods, but if you already have ram air, your intake is far from being your biggest restriction.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd agree. Don't ask me why, but it popped into my head so I thought I would ask.

For the sake of arguing: bolt ons, heads, cam and intake (Porting included), 58MM TB, 36lb injectors and a tune.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by afterburner82
I'd agree. Don't ask me why, but it popped into my head so I thought I would ask.

For the sake of arguing: bolt ons, heads, cam and intake (Porting included), 58MM TB, 36lb injectors and a tune.
you do not need 3 things you listed. the stock intake will support all the power you have, as will the stock TB and the stock injectors. You dont need these things unless you are getting into bigger displacement or nitrous. Save your money man
Old 08-05-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Born/Raised North East, MD Lived in VA, NC, MI Back in Yorktown, Va
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ii did a write up for my 94z. im not sure if your asking about a TA we kinda covered that an i dont think it would work out to well unless your air filter was right there. it might drop your engine bay temp. but in the 93-97 hood i cut out the top vents and my motor ran about 20 degrees cooler cause of it.

Quick Reply: Question: Ram Air Hood Mod