LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

put in 54mm tb, 36lb injectors and updated tune

Old 08-16-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default put in 54mm tb, 36lb injectors and updated tune

So idles nice at 800-900. I took out to go to the gym it was fine. Going home was a different story. I reverse out of parking, give it a lil gas and dies. Then going forward I give it a quick punch on the throttle it goes then dies. Coming to a stop the dame thing surges a bit(it did before, not as much now though). I'm thinking throttle blades not open enough?
Old 08-17-2009, 12:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sdotlog
So idles nice at 800-900. I took out to go to the gym it was fine. Going home was a different story. I reverse out of parking, give it a lil gas and dies. Then going forward I give it a quick punch on the throttle it goes then dies. Coming to a stop the dame thing surges a bit(it did before, not as much now though). I'm thinking throttle blades not open enough?
hmmm might be. pull everything off the TB and check. open it atad and see if it runs alittle better. if not then you might have a vacuum leak somewhere
Old 08-17-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
hmmm might be. pull everything off the TB and check. open it atad and see if it runs alittle better. if not then you might have a vacuum leak somewhere
yea got home too late to adjust the blades. i already have a dog that loves to bark at air and don't need them complaining about me starting my up every few minutes and driving up and down the street. so if i wake up early enough i'll see if opening them up a bit more helps. i checked for vacuum leaks previously but found nothing? maybe clean up the maf, i havent touched that thing since i owned the car.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:59 AM
12 Second Club

Sounds like my car after I put my 38lb injectors in and uploaded a (email tune). Car ran fine for 20 mins shut it off started it back up ran like a piece. later found out that the new mail order tune wasnt set up for 38lb injectors like I asked for. Was your tune a mail order?
Old 08-17-2009, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pull a plug that's easy to get at.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Regular

Adjusted the tb blades just now. Idle went up a bit, I'll see if the thing keeps acting up.

Originally Posted by airfix
Sounds like my car after I put my 38lb injectors in and uploaded a (email tune). Car ran fine for 20 mins shut it off started it back up ran like a piece. later found out that the new mail order tune wasnt set up for 38lb injectors like I asked for. Was your tune a mail order?
Kinda like a mail order tune. I live like 30 mins from Vince. He was all out of tuners, so he went ahead and came down to my place and tuned it on site. Which was nice of him because he was going to be gone next week and wasn't sure if he was going to get one back by then.

Originally Posted by GIZMO
Pull a plug that's easy to get at.
Cool. I'll check one of those out when i get off work.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my car the number one plug is easy to get at. That cylinder also runs the leanest, so if that plug is sooty you are bad rich.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

I know my tps voltage was out after i put my holley 58mm tb on. This prob wont help you out but might be good to check that its in spec.

http://www.golenengineservice.com/html/tps.html
Old 08-18-2009, 01:53 AM
TECH Regular

haven't pulled a plug. but adjust the tps and blades. car dieing is no longer an issue and the surging has tamed itself abit... well for now at least.

Search this Thread