LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

anyone know anything about the vette dual mass flywheels?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know anything about the vette dual mass flywheels?

i was at the local swap meet and a guy had a new bellhousing, clutch and pressure plate and dual mass flywheel for an lt1. it seemed cheap so i bought it. part # on the pressure plate is gm10203570, flywheel is 120407400, bellhousing is 10126448. i've been trying to research the numbers and the bellhousing comes back as like a c4 vette and apparently only the vettes used a dual mass flywheel with the lt1. i was on the vette forum and they were saying no one is making the dmf anymore and if you can find them they are like $1100. the part number they are giving is a different one then the one on mine though. i'm just trying to figure out if any of it will work on my 96 TA. or if i find out the the flywheel is the one all the vette guys are wanting its going on ebay. lol. i would think the disk at least would be the same on all of them but i dont know if the pressure plate is different for the dmf vs the smf.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Teching In

found out i was looking at the wrong number on the flywheel. actual part number is 10174482. no one knows if the pressure plate or disc is the same as a lt1 trans am?
Old 08-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Teching In

The vettes with a manual transmission used a completely different transmission than the F body. It wont interchange. Some vette owners take an F body flywheel and have it machined down several thousandths and use it with the vette clutch setup though. FWIW, the vette dualmass flywheel is about 38lbs.

Quick Reply: anyone know anything about the vette dual mass flywheels?