LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LTx HID custom (true) projector bi-xenon install

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 06:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LTx HID custom (true) projector bi-xenon install

Well,
I finally got around to starting the re-retrofit (I did a complete HID write-up on my H4 mains and H3 fogs about 2 years ago, just search my screen-name if you want to look at the old install) of my 96 LT1 WS6 for a TRUE set of projector, not the fake projectors that I currently have installed I'm still building my mini vacuum table for making the custom clear (acrylic (probably)) lens covers. Many of you have probably seen (Blackbird WS6's (Brian)) HID retrofit; this will be fashioned very similar to his setup. I will be making some new additions to that basic setup. I hope to be able to make the clear lens covers in some capacity to warrant producing a few every couple of months for LTx guys that would like to perform a TRUE PROJECTOR HID conversion.

Here is my parts list and a few pics of items:
1. AMP to DS2 converter cables (I currently have a HID setup with H4's)
2. FXR true projectors (These are the same thing as the bi-xenon FX35's
except you don't have to trim the bracket tab mounting points. It comes
already trimmed. both projectors are brand new, glass lens, DS2, pigtail for bi-xenon hookup)
operation (HI/LO)
3. 4300k DS2 bulbs
4. Vacuum table

FXR (bi-xenon, glass lens, pre-trimmed housing, amp to DS2, shrouds)

PS: I need someone with an extra set of LT1 headlight housings to donate or sell them real cheap (so I can make my mold for the clear lens). Somebody hook me up

Last edited by 96silverram; 09-24-2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in for this one. If you produce those covers, I'll most likely be in. Depends on price of course.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully the cost of producing these covers will be very reasonable. I really want the LT guys to have a serious option for a proper HID system
Old 09-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be following this very closely, I have been wanting some better lights for my formula, I like a clean look ie: no fogs lights on the lt1 formula bumper but I also dont want it to look tacky. and of course the cost is always a factor.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear you are off and running with this project. I was wondering if you already completed it or still working on it. I'm sure it will come out phenomenal.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6
Glad to hear you are off and running with this project. I was wondering if you already completed it or still working on it. I'm sure it will come out phenomenal.
Nice g8, a friend of mine bought one back in january thats ignition orange too! That has to be one of my favorite colors next to som.

Quick Reply: LTx HID custom (true) projector bi-xenon install