lt1 HOOKER shorty headers for camaro?! - LS1TECH



LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 HOOKER shorty headers for camaro?!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
On The Tree
Thread Starter
 
Camaro ss 2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sultante Of Oman,Muscat,Middle East
Posts: 166
Question lt1 HOOKER shorty headers for camaro?!


Hi guys

im looking to buy lt1 hooker shorty headers for my friends 1995 camaro v8

I did find the hooker shorties ceramic coated

but im finding difficulty to get the Y PIPE of hooker for it?!!

so any links or advices will be apperciated

thank you

Last edited by Camaro ss 2001; 04-08-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Camaro ss 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
TECH Junkie
iTrader: (31)
 
96lt1m6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LA$ VEGA$
Posts: 3,561
Default

There is nothing wrong with shorties, you may sacrifice 5-7 peak HP
this was proven back in '03 high-tech w/Lt1 shootout.

Check this link you will see the y-pipe that comes with the headers. It may be easier to have your local exhaust shop fab a y-pipe for you.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Hooker-Headers...oductId=759623
96lt1m6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
TECH Junkie
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 3,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoneyz View Post
i'm not 100% but i think that shorties utilize the stock y pipe. Why shorties? They don't give that much power.
They use their own y-pipe, I have the same headers and they were a huge improvement over stock.
whytryz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:36 AM   #4
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (15)
 
nomoneyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Apple Valley - So Cal
Posts: 1,400
Default

Thats why I said not 100%. I've seen other headers that were shorties and just used the stock y. Thanks for clearing that up for me though.
nomoneyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:17 AM   #5
TECH Junkie
iTrader: (31)
 
96lt1m6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LA$ VEGA$
Posts: 3,561
Default

The SLP headers reuse the stock Ypipe and work very well also
96lt1m6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
TECH Junkie
iTrader: (22)
 
camar0corey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Spring Hill, FL
Posts: 3,926
Default

Another option is the BBK's, I know they sell them with the ypipe as a package and are ceramic coated. I ran these for about 3-4 years before I got longtubes.
camar0corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:27 AM   #7
On The Tree
Thread Starter
 
Camaro ss 2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sultante Of Oman,Muscat,Middle East
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96lt1m6 View Post
There is nothing wrong with shorties, you may sacrifice 5-7 peak HP
this was proven back in '03 high-tech w/Lt1 shootout.

Check this link you will see the y-pipe that comes with the headers. It may be easier to have your local exhaust shop fab a y-pipe for you.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Hooker-Headers...oductId=759623
thanx 4 giving example of how the shorty y pipe looks

also thanx 4 the for the fab idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by whytryz28 View Post
They use their own y-pipe, I have the same headers and they were a huge improvement over stock.
aha i c, saw there are good

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoneyz View Post
Thats why I said not 100%. I've seen other headers that were shorties and just used the stock y. Thanks for clearing that up for me though.
thanx 4 the comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by camar0corey View Post
Another option is the BBK's, I know they sell them with the ypipe as a package and are ceramic coated. I ran these for about 3-4 years before I got longtubes.
ur right but he want to buy hooker shorties only! im not finding hooker y pipe for it so i will tell him to buy another brand y pipe
Camaro ss 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #8
TECH Junkie
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 3,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro ss 2001 View Post


ur right but he want to buy hooker shorties only! im not finding hooker y pipe for it so i will tell him to buy another brand y pipe
Im not sure if y's with inter change, might need to buy used. If i decide to go LTs in the near future, ill sell my y-pipe to him.
whytryz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #9
On The Tree
Thread Starter
 
Camaro ss 2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sultante Of Oman,Muscat,Middle East
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whytryz28 View Post
Im not sure if y's with inter change, might need to buy used. If i decide to go LTs in the near future, ill sell my y-pipe to him.
thanx bro
Camaro ss 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #10
TECH Veteran
 
leadfoot4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Webster, NY
Posts: 4,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96lt1m6 View Post
The SLP headers reuse the stock Ypipe and work very well also
They don't seem to be available anymore, are they??
leadfoot4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:05 AM   #11
On The Tree
Thread Starter
 
Camaro ss 2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sultante Of Oman,Muscat,Middle East
Posts: 166
Default

were going for BBK shorties and y-pipe

i hope their y pipe is ceramic coated also!

http://www.bbkperformance.com/produc...?car_motor_key[]=497&car_motor_key[]=1014&car_motor_key[]=1157&car_motor_key[]=1165
Camaro ss 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #12
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
RamAir95TA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 9,488
Default

I should throw this out there that the BBKs use 1 5/8" tubing and are a true short-tube type header. For the same price, I would recommend the MAC performance MID-length headers. They are still emissions legal and have a longer primary (still with 1 5/8") which will give you a hair more power. I ran the MACs for 4 years. Not to mention the plug access is remarkable.

For that reason I've never been a fan of the BBKs.
RamAir95TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #13
On The Tree
Thread Starter
 
Camaro ss 2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sultante Of Oman,Muscat,Middle East
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir95TA View Post
I should throw this out there that the BBKs use 1 5/8" tubing and are a true short-tube type header. For the same price, I would recommend the MAC performance MID-length headers. They are still emissions legal and have a longer primary (still with 1 5/8") which will give you a hair more power. I ran the MACs for 4 years. Not to mention the plug access is remarkable.

For that reason I've never been a fan of the BBKs.

I know we can get LT and MT headers for same price of shorty

but the problem is that its not legal in our country and after 10 years each car has to go through inspection every year so if they saw any modifcation they fill the car and everything should be stock!

this is the problem were facing here
Camaro ss 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #14
On The Tree
Thread Starter
 
Camaro ss 2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sultante Of Oman,Muscat,Middle East
Posts: 166
Default

Yup still searching believe it or not, the problem is from the USA Customs regarding the BBK headers so thats why im starting from dig


Anyways

guys are these shorties fit our 95 lt1 camaro z28?

http://www.jegs.com/i/Hooker+Headers...060-1/10002/-1


or I should choose this one?

http://www.jegs.com/i/Hooker+Headers...064-1/10002/-1


Any adviece will helpful ^^
Camaro ss 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:19 PM   #15
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
Zlow28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lower Mexifornia
Posts: 1,990
Default

Have you tried Speed Engineering Performance Parts? They have all kinds of parts and for real cheap too. Im not sure if they have any shorty headers though but check it out anyways. Im probly gonna buy some pacesetters from them.
If not, you could try a local muffler shop, see if they could help u out with a custom Y-pipe.
Zlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:30 PM   #16
On The Tree
Thread Starter
 
Camaro ss 2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sultante Of Oman,Muscat,Middle East
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlow28 View Post
Have you tried Speed Engineering Performance Parts? They have all kinds of parts and for real cheap too. Im not sure if they have any shorty headers though but check it out anyways. Im probly gonna buy some pacesetters from them.
If not, you could try a local muffler shop, see if they could help u out with a custom Y-pipe.
I dont know, give me the link of thier website please so i can check it

the best soultion maybe i should buy Hooker shorty and made custom y pipe here

but did 93 hooker shorty and y pipe fit on 95 camaro z28?? (plz c the link above)
Camaro ss 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #17
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
Zlow28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lower Mexifornia
Posts: 1,990
Default

Im not sure if the y-pipe in the link fits the hooker shortys your taling about, but the website is www.speed-eng.com
hope it helps.
Zlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #18
On The Tree
Thread Starter
 
Camaro ss 2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sultante Of Oman,Muscat,Middle East
Posts: 166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlow28 View Post
Im not sure if the y-pipe in the link fits the hooker shortys your taling about, but the website is www.speed-eng.com
hope it helps.
Aha, it looks if its for long headers not shorties, I hope someone who knows can help us on this otherwise custom y pipe should be made

thanks 4 the link man
Camaro ss 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B body hooker 2063 lt1 shorties rpm-inc Parts Classifieds 2 05-12-2015 08:29 PM
Is It Even POSSIBLE To Install Hooker Shorties??? dubga LT1-LT4 Modifications 42 05-04-2010 11:28 PM
Hooker Headers shortys for LT1 lee33lyn Parts Classifieds 2 01-10-2010 06:37 PM
hooker shorties jdog_kustoms LT1-LT4 Modifications 5 04-19-2009 04:28 PM
headers stone150 LT1-LT4 Modifications 8 07-26-2004 11:17 PM


Tags
410s, 93, camaro, header, headers, high, hooker, hookers, ihe, improvements, ls1, lt1, performance, shorties, shorttube, shorty, shortys

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.