LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Problem with Injector

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Problem with Injector

Hello all I have some Ford Racing M-9593-BB302 injectors I was told to use by LLoyd Elliot. I am having a problem figureing out how to fit these in the fuel rail. They have 2 slots for clips and the top one seems to hold the injector out to far in length and the o ring is right at the edge of the bore. The second wont fit my factor style retaining clips. If I turn the injector so I can use them the plug is under the fuel rail. I also just seated the injector all the way down in the bore and it seems to be the right length now. I put my factory injector in the rail next to it and it seems right on but I can use anything but the second groove on the injector to put the clip in and as I said the only way it works is if the harness plug is under the rail. What should I do? Should I forget about the clips and trust the bolts to do the job? I have some pics for you to see.

clip in first groove on the FORD and clip in the stock ford looks taller

ford all the way in the bore NO CLIP stock with clip

clip next the the second slot that would put the plug under the rail
Old 02-19-2010, 10:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't have to use the clips the bolts on the fuel rail will hold them in place
Old 02-19-2010, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

same question i had i used the clips on the top slot i dont see any leaking could that be why my car runs slow and has no pull, stall while breaking?
Old 02-19-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 6801
same question i had i used the clips on the top slot i dont see any leaking could that be why my car runs slow and has no pull, stall while breaking?
yea I dont think the injector sits far enough down in the bore of the fuel rail if you do that top one on that injector and that means it is going to sit further down in the intake bore Let me go take a look at a stock one and the ford in the intake bore reall quick. I think I am just going to do what bigj2717 said and not use them and seat in all the way down in the fuel rail bore.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 6801
I don't see that being your problem. I read your post in your thread and at the angle thier at it's not going to change it that much. You would have a leak problem first.
What rockers are you using and how did you set them up?
Old 02-20-2010, 12:43 AM
TECH Addict

I just put those injectors in and I had to do the same thing you did and put the clips on that first groove towards the top of the injector. I tried them with out the clips first and the o ring that goes in the intake bore was not in at all. It was on the tapered edge and would not make a good seal. I moved them around with the rail bolted down all the way and the only way I could get it to fit to where it felt like it sealed on both bores was to slowly move it down from all the way up in the fuel rail bore, down into the intake bore, line up the clip to the top groove and then snap the clip in. If I went to far down into the intake bore the top o ring would pop out of the fuel rail bore. I don't like this at all but it should be ok. I kind of wish I would have spent the extra money and bought the racetronix delco's. They would have fit like the stockers and this would be a none issue.

Who did your mail order tune? I am thinking I may HAVE to find someone local to do a street and dyno tune on this thing.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have those same ones. I didn't use the clips but have them in a bag incase I ever need to use them. I always check my car after a run just to make sure its not leaking as I did catch it one time. The injector was too far down in the intake. I simply had to push it back up. I haven't had any problem so far. (knock on wood). How is it working on the 1st grove for ya?
Old 02-20-2010, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sepno77
I have those same ones. I didn't use the clips but have them in a bag incase I ever need to use them. I always check my car after a run just to make sure its not leaking as I did catch it one time. The injector was too far down in the intake. I simply had to push it back up. I haven't had any problem so far. (knock on wood). How is it working on the 1st grove for ya?
it's gonna be awhile for me cause my engine is out and still mocking everything up before it goes back in. It feels like it seats better on that first grove though.

Quick Reply: Problem with Injector