LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Header Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Header Question

I have a 95 Formula with BBK Ceramic shorties, I want to go with Long tubes, but some of the long tubes im finding dont have the air injection bungs on them, is that something I can by pass or do I need to use those??
Old 06-07-2010, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BIGC95LT1
I have a 95 Formula with BBK Ceramic shorties, I want to go with Long tubes, but some of the long tubes im finding dont have the air injection bungs on them, is that something I can by pass or do I need to use those??
You can get either "emissions" longtubes or "race". The difference is race has no air on them, usually folks get rid of AIR and EGR when they do longtubes
Old 06-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chavez885
You can get either "emissions" longtubes or "race". The difference is race has no air on them, usually folks get rid of AIR and EGR when they do longtubes
so what does it take to get rid of the AIR and EGR, just simply removing it or do I have to by pass it?? This is my 1st LT1 car, so I dont know alot about them, im more of a mustang or LS guy, so the help would be great, because id like to order headers tonight!
Old 06-07-2010, 02:20 PM
10 Second Club

get some emissions blockoffs for your intake, that's it. gonna get a SES from it, need those codes deleted in your PCM.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
get some emissions blockoffs for your intake, that's it. gonna get a SES from it, need those codes deleted in your PCM.
Do you know where I could get those emissions blockoffs at?? And when you say codes deleted just simply hook my snap-on scanner up to it and clear them?
Old 06-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Teching In

Well I ordered new headers and cat less y-pipe with out the air and egr BS, and then ordered these from Herron Performance, so I hope this is all I need, if not let me know!!
https://securehost98.hrwebservices.n...od&productId=3
Old 06-07-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you know where I could get those emissions blockoffs at?? And when you say codes deleted just simply hook my snap-on scanner up to it and clear them?
......by block offs on ebay $15 ,buy headers on ebay, available w/air and wo/air ,Yes the stainless with y-pipe for $375 are good products. before you get them search this forum for everything you need to know about insall'n em ....on ebay type " lt1" and there is like 4,000 listings for about anything you want.... common name for the install thread can be found by typing "LLP"
Old 06-07-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

I am running race style LT headers.. all the air and egr is gone.. it really cleans up the engine bay a little..
i am just stuck living in a place that doesn't inspect..ha
Old 06-07-2010, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Well I ordered new headers and cat less y-pipe with out the air and egr BS, and then ordered these from Herron Performance, so I hope this is all I need, if not let me know!!
https://securehost98.hrwebservices.n...od&productId=3
Get some header gaskets at autozone, Percy's seal 4 good? are my favorite, re-usable and seals perfect. While you're in there change your spark plugs and wires, I would anyway.

What headers/y-pipe did u order? Check out my sig for some of the better pricing on products (and a sponsor)
Old 06-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Teching In

well theres no inspections here, and I bought the block off plates from Herron Performance and the LTs with Y-pipe for like $340 shipped off ebay, thought for the price id try them out, they are stainless steel so they should hold up the rest of the summer, ill be doing a 383 stroker this coming fall/winter, get ready for the 2011 race season, and hoping for high 11s with all motor as well, and I hope my spec clutch will keep holding up, best money ive ever spent!! I also have all new spark plugs/8.5mm wires/msd cap, thought id do it now as well!!

Heres what I ordered!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_2971wt_892
Old 06-07-2010, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

well theres no inspections here, and I bought the block off plates from Herron Performance and the LTs with Y-pipe for like $340 shipped off ebay, thought for the price id try them out, they are stainless steel so they should hold up the rest of the summer, ill be doing a 383 stroker this coming fall/winter, get ready for the 2011 race season, and hoping for high 11s with all motor as well, and I hope my spec clutch will keep holding up, best money ive ever spent!! I also have all new spark plugs/8.5mm wires/msd cap, thought id do it now as well!!

Heres what I ordered!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_2971wt_892

Cool same ones i got, i cut all slip joints installed headers and welded turbo v-band flanges in to elem. leaks and fix final fitment .....ebay
Old 06-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Im hoping to gain some with the long tubes, cat less y-pipe, over the factory y-pipe and bbk shorty headers, car already runs hard, should be a lil better now!! Thanks guys for the help!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Launching!

So I recently bought a 94 lt1 trans am already fitted with pace setter "race" long tubes and a cat-less Y-pipe... Unfortunately I live in a county where the sniffer emissions test is required. So after some cutting, welding, and fancy custom fab I have a functional egr system and cats. Now in my attempt at the emissions place I was sent home with a failure notice for "high hydrocarbons" which I understand is unburned fuel passing through the exhaust.. Am I going to have to figure out a way to attach my air injection system to these pain in the rear headers? In my understanding the air injection's soul purpouse is to burn raw fuel in the exhaust, correct?

Thanks

Quick Reply: LT1 Header Question