Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After convert LT1 to carb Came a major problem

How's all in my previous requested assistance regarding the convert LT1 to carb

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...-lt1-carb.html

but now i convert this to carp

but Came a major problem

the hors power it is not same the bast Down almost 40 hp

thes down Because of Weight sparks Dealer And pressure petrol

And how I put the weight of the fuel regulator?

How do I weigh Distributor sparks without any sign of engine lt1 ?

Thank you for your help in advance

Apologies were not master English well .
Old 06-24-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Resident

?????????? let me translate this,
you just switched over to carb intake from EFI and you want to know why you are down on power. You are asking ( i think) what kind of spark plugs you should be running because the ones you are using seem low on spark. The you are asking how do you adjust the fuel pressure on the regulator. And how do you adjust the distributor when you are trying to get the timing right from using a timing gun.???? Right
Old 06-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by old93camaro
. The you are asking how do you adjust the fuel pressure on the regulator. And how do you adjust the distributor when you are trying to get the timing right from using a timing gun.???? Right

yes it is
Old 06-24-2010, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

your pressure reg to carb should be set at 6.5 psi -7psi while the car is running.

for seting timing like i just said in the other thread i would put my total timing around 34-36 to start and go from there..as to how to do it what style gun do you have?
Old 06-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by suicidal racing
your pressure reg to carb should be set at 6.5 psi -7psi while the car is running.
Thank you very much

You gave me the answer

for seting timing like i just said in the other thread i would put my total timing around 34-36 to start and go from there..as to how to do it what style gun do you have?
The second question

How do I weigh Distributor sparks without any sign of engine lt1 ? {{ it is convert to carb ( Does not mark the timing of the spark as the distributor sparks 350 engine ).
Old 06-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Teching In

to the top
Old 06-24-2010, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

You need a damper with timing marks on it...don't think you could use the stock one or not
Old 06-24-2010, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You would need a 360 timing wheel and transfer the marks over to the LT1 ballancer. Almost easier to get a ballancer with marks already on it like said above. several companies make them with timing marks for swaping over to carb. Other problem is keying it 0 on the crank. you would have to find 0 degree on the crank and line the crank hub and ballancer up to this. Easier to buy a KEYED crank hub and matching ballancer with timing marks on it so you can just install and be ready to time the engine. Jegs sells keyed hubs cheap but thier ballancers don't have degree marks. ATI and TCI's do and they do line up at 0 degree on the jegs hub.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

summit has a balancer with markings and comes with a keyed hub and the key i believe to put in the crank snout..YOU MUST USE A KEYED HUB or your balancer will spin on your crank snout and give you false readings of where your timing is at..

search for my full carb swap thread on here and it has a link to the cheap none sfi approved balacer..the sfi one is like another 100$ an made by the same company.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by old93camaro
You need a damper with timing marks on it...don't think you could use the stock one or not
Thank you very much
Old 06-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jaycenk
You would need a 360 timing wheel and transfer the marks over to the LT1 ballancer. Almost easier to get a ballancer with marks already on it like said above. several companies make them with timing marks for swaping over to carb. Other problem is keying it 0 on the crank. you would have to find 0 degree on the crank and line the crank hub and ballancer up to this. Easier to buy a KEYED crank hub and matching ballancer with timing marks on it so you can just install and be ready to time the engine. Jegs sells keyed hubs cheap but thier ballancers don't have degree marks. ATI and TCI's do and they do line up at 0 degree on the jegs hub.
Thank you very much

I understood Now

Old 06-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Teching In

summit has a balancer with markings and comes with a keyed hub and the key i believe to put in the crank snout..YOU MUST USE A KEYED HUB or your balancer will spin on your crank snout and give you false readings of where your timing is at..

search for my full carb swap thread on here and it has a link to the cheap none sfi approved balacer..the sfi one is like another 100$ an made by the same company.
Thank you very much
Old 06-27-2010, 11:24 AM
11 Second Club

what i got from that was that hes trying to set the timing using an opti but without the LT1 computer... i could be wrong though

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: After convert LT1 to carb Came a major problem