LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

wiring harness from caprice to camaro ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring harness from caprice to camaro ?

the lt1 i got from a caprice has the harness attached to it in perfect condition. the harness that is still installed in my 95 z28 is ****. the previous owner has tapped into it for nitrous which is no longer there. my dog chewed on it and an end or two is missing. in other words my original harness is a complete mess. will the harness rom the caprice work with the camaro?

it appears some of my orginal harness goes thru the pasenger side firewall to somewhere under the glove box and one of its wires in that area is a large gauge purple wire..i dont know where it (harness) ends up or can be easily detached.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

B-body harnesses are a bit different and include the fuse/relay panel. It's not going to be a direct swap. I think it would be better to find a harness from your year and car.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Teching In

maybe ill just keep mine and plug up everything that will and sort out whats left, process of elemination, then use the good harnes as a donor to any plugs/ends that are/may be missing from mine.

and yes the harness from the caprice does have that fuse block
Old 07-21-2010, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

That and the Caprice harness puts the pcm in the opposite corner of the engine bay.

I think the use it for parts plan is a winner.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Teching In

yeah i will use it for parts, once i have it fixed, loomed and taped back up looking as close to factory ill go ahead and try to weed out all the "extras" the previous owner added. fun fun.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:36 AM
TECH Resident

i got a caprice motor as well for my camaro. my advice is to stick with the camaro harness and straighten it out to the best of your ability. (there is nothing wrong with wire looms and zip ties) you can also go to a dealership to get new female connectors. the caprice harness will NOT work.

also, remove your passenger side kick panel and you will have access to where the rest of the harness is.

Last edited by tricked94camaro; 07-22-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Quick Reply: wiring harness from caprice to camaro ?