LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Radiator Mounting Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 08:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Radiator Mounting Help

This is a rolling chassis that i got to put my engine and trans in. It was an ex-turbo car so lots of things were clearanced for that. They remounted the radiator in a vertical position but now im adding a/c and an LS1 lid setup. Looking for some opinions as to what you guys would do to mount the radiator and lid....heres a pic to give you an idea.
[IMG][/IMG]
In the pic the radiator and condenser are just sitting there and can go in either direction.....Where should the LS1 Lid be pulling air from? between the condenser and radiator? or in front of both?........Thanks a lot
Old 07-21-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deerslayinrednek
Where should the LS1 Lid be pulling air from? between the condenser and radiator? or in front of both?........Thanks a lot
Deff try to get the air from infront of the radiators (less heat that way) but be sure not to pinch any of the hoses coming from the radiator.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:17 PM
10 Second Club

I can lay the radiators back more than in the picture so I think in front would be best as well
Old 07-21-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by deerslayinrednek
I can lay the radiators back more than in the picture so I think in front would be best as well
yup. or you could do what i did and buy a 45* silicone elbow 3.5" and put a filter in front of them like a vette.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
yup. or you could do what i did and buy a 45* silicone elbow 3.5" and put a filter in front of them like a vette.
I considered that but I already have the LS1 upper rad support and I like the look of them

Quick Reply: Radiator Mounting Help