LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Nothing with a relay is working!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Nothing with a relay is working!!

Ok Ive been out of the country for 6 months and have been letting my dad take care of my car and drive it wherever. I had him get the rear end fully built about a month ago and after he got it back the AC compressor clutch wouldnt engage. I took the relay out and jumped the compressor and it turned on. So I bought a relay and it wouldnt come on. It has the right amount of frion. I checked for power on the wire that connects into the compressor and also the one on the lowside line. Sometime ago the fans would work off and on and a couple months ago the ABS and brake like came on. I do have a 235/60/16 instead of 245/50/16 but the light came on months after I had the different tire size. So when I came back basically the things that have a relay in the box under the hood, do not work. Im wondering if there is anything that could make those three things not work. Sorry this is so long hopfully I get an answer. Thanks!!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Get some schematics (for whatever car you are driving) and test/trace from the fuse panel to the power source (usually a fusible link).