LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Water pump watchdog, quick ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 11:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Water pump watchdog, quick ?

Just wondering if anyone has hooked one of these up to a LT1? I have everything wired, but the 3 color LED is stopping on (Yellow). Yellow supposedly means I have a problem with 12 volts (to be more specific, it says the pump has stopped pulling current and will display Yellow), but the pump is working even when this yellow light is on? It is suppose to come on for 2 seconds, red / yellow, and then go dark, indicating everything is fine. I have checked all the 12v connections and everything seems to be correct.

PS: Green is for a bad ground, but I have no problem with green or red, ( loss of power). It's just the Yellow LED that won't cooperate.
Thanks for any input
Old 07-29-2010, 04:53 PM
12 Second Club

I decided to post a wiring diagram in hopes of soliciting some help on my problem

Old 08-06-2010, 11:03 PM
12 Second Club

Repaired, it actually was a real PITA to figure out. There was nothing wrong with the watchdog, but a ground off the relay was loose (somehow?) and I had a ground loop as well. After I solved those two problems the LED (yellow) will go off after 2 seconds when you energize the ignition. Now I can finish up with all the little details. If anyone else has a problem with the watchdog feel free to ask questions.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To be honest I was going to do this, and then wound up ditching the idea for another way to monitor temp. I am currently using the aeroforce interceptor gauge and then setting a led warning to come on at a certain temp. In this case I put it right around 200 just so I can get an idea that something is not working properly on the water pump side.

I plan on keeping an extra fuse and relay in car and going from there.

BTW I dont think the watchdog is being produced anymore.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:18 PM
12 Second Club

Auto control inc. has been defunct from 2006 on (my best guess), but it still is a very cool piece. I actually use my aeroforce to monitor a different item. Plus I mounted the tri-color led in my gauge pod pillar.

Quick Reply: Water pump watchdog, quick ?