LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What fuel pump

I decided to take the car out yesterday and as I left the driveway it started to sputter and backfire threw the motor and would not pickup speed. I got it home and let off the gad pedal and the motor died and I tried to start it and after a few cranks it started. It was still running rough and I could barely get it up the drive way. I turned it off and let it sit for a few hours. I went to go start it to try and put it in the garage and it wouldnt stay running at all. I have started to notice in the past few days the pump has a louder whine than usual when I turn the key on. The car is a 94 z28 with about 100k miles on stock fuel pump. My SES light did come on so im going to hook the scanner up to it to see what codes it has, and im gong to check fuel pressure. The car doesnt get driven much so it just stays in the garage so im sure thats one reason it would go bad. So my question is does this sound like a bad fuel pump, and what fuel pump should I go with. The car has h/c/i with bolt ons with stock injectors for now.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Walbro 255, doesn't sound like you've got anything extreme, the 255 is plenty.