LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Still missfiring..

Old 08-20-2010, 12:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Still missfiring..

My car is stock besides the k&n cold air. After i installed the stock head on the passenger side, I'm still miss firing, and when i try to plug in a scanner it doesn't read (it's never been able to since i bought the car a few months ago). All plugs and plug wires are new, using TR55's and the same brand plug wires that came manufactured in the car. I also noticed that my evap line that plugs into the throttle body is possibly leaking, it makes a LOUD whining noise, and when i installed the intake manifold I guess the back of the intake manifold didn't seal right with the RTV(possibly because i didn't let it cure in time before initial starting) i put in because there's drops of oil on my driveway and i can feel it when i reach back there. Can it possibly be that my rocker's aren't adjusted properly? after zero lash i preloaded with 3/4 turns with the car off.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Regular

How'd you go about finding ZERO lash? That's the real KEY to adjusting lifter preload. The Lifter HAS TO BE on the base circle of the cam's lobe, otherwise all else that follows will be off.

Jake
Old 08-23-2010, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the input, sorry i took long to reply my internet was down. But while the car was off I wiggled the pushrod until it stopped moving, then did a 3/4 turn.

Search this Thread