LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

O resistance when checking fuel sending unit???

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O resistance when checking fuel sending unit???

Ran into a problem with my T/A. wouldnt start. checked fuel pressure, nothing. Having just bought the car, and knowing the previous owner doesnt know as much as he thinks he does, I pulled the pump. The suction line was almost completely off the pump. reattached and retightened clamps, reinserted pump, car fired right up with 41psi on gauge with key only.
When I pulled the pump, I looked in the tank, and there is fuel is the lower section (wedge shaped section) only. After reinstalling pump, gauge was pegged at past full. I thought I may have jammed the float, so pulled it and reinstalled it (Hatch mod is a god send!!). After reinstalling pump for second time, gauge reads empty.WhenI turn key on it will go up to half full, then go back to empty. Following the link on shoebox's site, I Ohm'd the connecter and am getting 0 OHMS between the purple and black wires on the harness running to the tank.

Did my sending unit go **** up? Did I reinstall it inproperly??
Any other advice?
Old 08-29-2010, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have seen brand new unit have the ground screw on the metal loose and cause this issue. sometimes there would be a connection and other times not