LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

-8 Feed conversion and fuel system plans

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 01:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default -8 Feed conversion and fuel system plans

Here's what I'm doing with the fuel system.

42lb flow matched Bosch injectors.
Dual intank Walbros, second triggered off nitrous WOT switch
E85 fuel
-8 feed conversion
Magnafuel SS element 25 micron filter replacing the stock one.

Eventually I will be running a dedicated -8 feed all the way to the rails, and new return as well, but we will call the -8 feed conversion "stage 1" of the fuel system.

I'll be doing a write up of the -8 feed conversion but here's a diagram of all the parts I'm ordering to do it.

If anyone is looking for the adapters to connect AN fittings to the stock stuff, after a lot of research I found the numbers. You can get -6 or -8 AN fittings to connect to the stock GM Quick Disconnect fittings, and the GM metric O ring fuel filter fittings. JEGS, Russell, and Aeroquip manufacture them.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so the conversion as of now is going from the factory tank (with twin pumps) up to the new filter and into the factory hard line for now? Do you plan on running new line from the filter forward? I know you said you were going to runs new lines up to the rails at a later point, im just inquiring about the metal hard lines that are attached under the cab of the
Old 09-07-2010, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could probably save yourself some time and money if you just update the intank setup to your twins and call it a day. I'm pretty sure the stock fuel lines will support anything in the neighborhood of 5/600ish. I would get all the rest of the stuff and just do the install all at once. Are you going to run the complete fuel system as a parallel or series system? Most setups for LT1 are run in parallel. Good start and good luck.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by litch2004
so the conversion as of now is going from the factory tank (with twin pumps) up to the new filter and into the factory hard line for now? Do you plan on running new line from the filter forward? I know you said you were going to runs new lines up to the rails at a later point, im just inquiring about the metal hard lines that are attached under the cab of the
Yes I plan to go from the tank to the new filter. The filter will connect to the stock line with the help of a few Russell fittings.

Originally Posted by 96silverram
You could probably save yourself some time and money if you just update the intank setup to your twins and call it a day. I'm pretty sure the stock fuel lines will support anything in the neighborhood of 5/600ish. I would get all the rest of the stuff and just do the install all at once. Are you going to run the complete fuel system as a parallel or series system? Most setups for LT1 are run in parallel. Good start and good luck.
Yes, parallel in the tank. Just doing the feed for now. I don't have a lot of time to work on the car these days so I like to split it into smaller jobs. Not going to tear the whole fuel system out at this time like when you said I don't even need to. The car will be approaching 600 on E85 next spring though, which will probably have the stock lines maxed out.

Quick Reply: -8 Feed conversion and fuel system plans