LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

since searching hasn't helped... tuning

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default since searching hasn't helped... tuning

I am wanting to get a full tuning set up. So far I've seen that Jet now has a datalogger? Is it included in the price? Can you hook up a wideband directly to it's datalogging? Is there a certain one that will/won't work?

I keep seeing that there are issues with the datalogging but NOBODY gave specifics.

I DO NOT want to switch to ODB1 because I will fail emissions and I can't just swap back to a different pcm to pass, as that would defeat the purpose.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you wanting a tune or tunning software?
Old 09-14-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jaycenk
tuning software
This.

Tuning/scanning/datalogging/wideband. As close to all in one as possible. OBD2 ONLY.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have looked and looked because I have a 97 as well and there is the jet thing and then there is http://www.tunercat.com/
I would call them and see if it will do data logging as well on the obdII. I looked through real quick and did not see anything about it supporting data logging on a 97 odbII
Old 09-15-2010, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

I wish I could offer more, but all I know is that Tunercat doesn't datalog with OBDI, so I doubt it does for OBDII. It's just a tuning software. For OBDI, you need another logging system like datamaster or freescan to log data. Not sure about OBDII, but I'm sure there's something out there, probably more expensive than the OBDI stuff.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Supposedly Jet incorporated a scanner when they took over tunercat.

I can't believe nobody can answer this question. Has ANYBODY taken to tuning for themselves in the last year?!
Old 09-16-2010, 02:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

JET DST does not include a datalogger as far as I know. I am using a version that is a couple of years old but I have updated it throughout the process and no datalogger in sight. If you want a datalogger that will log WB then your best bet will be Wester's garage ecm pro scanner. It is a logger that works with the JET DST cable. There was also mxscan but they had compatibility issues with vista and 7 so they pretty much scrapped the whole deal. FWIW I use JET DST with the ecm pro scanner and it works fine.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Also I use it with an LC1 for wideband tuning and it logs it perfectly with zero interface issues as long as you have it set to the correct com port

Quick Reply: since searching hasn't helped... tuning