LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

stroker block

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stroker block

LT1 block from a 95 Z28
Block is a converted 4 bolt main that is bored out .030, Block has been magnafluxed and stroker clearenced for up to a 3.875 crank which would be a 396 with a stroker kit, this block is also .0. decked and lined bored with arp main studs and Dura bond coated cam bearings block is NEW and never been used Asking $300.00 for the block. It's Race Ready

I was wondering if this was a good deal. The guy send me some picks and the cylinder walls have some surface rust as well as the block. He said the block has been sitting for a year or so but is covered in his storage. Would like your guys input.

Thanks,
Ove
Old 09-16-2010, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

as long as its surface rust and not pitted they should be fine, but it would be nice to be able to look the block over in person before you buy.
Price seems to me to be cheaper than the machine work and parts.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Teching In

thanks for your input bro...anybody else...lemme know

Thanks,
Ove Hernandez
Old 09-16-2010, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL take a set of tools with you double check everything he said. When they say it is "NEW" I always call BULL **** untill I see it and inspect it. Been burn way too many times even when I have inspected them. Cracks are hard to find if it is painted.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Yea I knw to check for all that engine is not painted it just has been sitting for a while...but for everything it has done to it does it seem like a deal i offered him 250 and he is a local guy so checking the block out is not a problem. Any more input appreciate it

Thanks,
Ove Hernandez
Old 09-17-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Regular

If what he claims is true, it's a good deal. I'll take it if you decide not to; winter project.

Jake
Old 09-17-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get it for as cheap as you can then your not out much if there is somthing wrong with it. Thats the way I do it now. I don't care if they say it is ready for me to drop internals into or not the first thing I do is take it to the machine shop and let them check it over and do any work that needs to be done. I have not come accross one yet that didn't need at least a good hone to clean up the cylinders.

Quick Reply: stroker block