TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help?? Fresh LT1 Start Up Issues

details of build

355ci
Comp cc305
LE2 heads
msd opti as well as ac delco

We just got this car together and it runs like complete garbage, it seems to be down on atleast one cylinder, and will hick up through the throttle body of backfire through the exhaust. I am at wits end with it, we pulled the front of the engine back apart for one, to swap opti's, when that didnt work we pulled the timing cover to make sure we didnt have it out of time.

Well none of that was the case. While the car is running, you have to throttle it to keep it running. It seems like it is down atleast two cylinders and I have not got the slightest idea why. We have swapped, opti sparks, made sure plug wires were routed correctly, changed plugs, swapped injectors. All of this with no success.

I do not know where to go from here. It only throws one SES and it is for High Map. I do not know what that could tell me.

HELP!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Launching!

You don't want to just throw parts at it, but if the MAP sensor is cheap i would go ahead and change it. Good luck
Old 09-22-2010, 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

check value lack on rockers if there are to tight it will do what you are saying and a quick way to check MAP is just unplug it and it will run in limp mode. My next question is do you have a base line tune for the car to run if not then you are running rich, what are plugs gaped and and what plugs are you using. Just a couple of things to look at
Old 09-22-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ebeard
You don't want to just throw parts at it, but if the MAP sensor is cheap i would go ahead and change it. Good luck
Ive been throwing parts at it lol. I have the parts to throw, just tired of throwing.

Originally Posted by old93camaro
check value lack on rockers if there are to tight it will do what you are saying and a quick way to check MAP is just unplug it and it will run in limp mode. My next question is do you have a base line tune for the car to run if not then you are running rich, what are plugs gaped and and what plugs are you using. Just a couple of things to look at
It has a base pcms for less tune on it. it has tr55s gaped at .038. I am putting it back together right now as far as the front of the engine.

I have adjusted rockers before, but it seems like there is such a fine line of error with this engine if that is the case.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Resident

if i was you loosen the rockers and dont put to much preload on them until you get it started and see if the back fire stops, another thing that can cause it is a header is letting air in the head with would cause a back fire....so check to see if headers have a leak some where and loosen the rockers
Old 09-22-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well i just tore the oil pan gasket so now we wait....*****!

Quick Reply: Help?? Fresh LT1 Start Up Issues