LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help me out here plz

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me out here plz

This is on a 94 Formula A4 190k on the clock. I have been having starting issues for a while now but recently when my gas gets down to about 3 gallons in the tank my car starts acting up. It will have the same starting problem but it will hesitate at times like it is about to stall out. This problem never happens when I have more than those 3 gallons so I dont understand what could be wrong. I know that its everytime that it hits 3 gallons because when i fill it up only 11 gallons fit and my car has a 14.5 gallon tank.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:20 AM
TECH Resident

Not an expert on fuel systems but if its a common problem when you reach a certain fuel level could that effect fuel pressure? Low fuel pressure+clogged fuel filter, you might not be getting right amount of gas.

Your fuel gauge could be off also and might not even have 3 gallons in tank, does the fuel light come on when this starts happening?
Old 10-02-2010, 06:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bowtie Boy
Not an expert on fuel systems but if its a common problem when you reach a certain fuel level could that effect fuel pressure? Low fuel pressure+clogged fuel filter, you might not be getting right amount of gas.

Your fuel gauge could be off also and might not even have 3 gallons in tank, does the fuel light come on when this starts happening?
These are exactly my thoughts. I had this happen to me on the dyno. The car got low on fuel and went lean, I had some 100 octane I had brought with me so I added it and it corrected the problem. Right after I put my fuel pump in I must have done something to the float but, about a month after doing so I was trying to get the car cranked and I would start up and act like it was flooding out. I had almost a 1/4 tank of gas.....I thought....outta gas. Definitley check the fuel filter.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

I dont focus on the gauge anymore i jus know that everytime i fill up only 11 gallons fit so that would mean that 3 gallons are left since its a 14 gallon tank.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

The stock tank is 15.5 gallons. But im with the other guys on the filter
Old 10-02-2010, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Ok well ill replace it tomorrow it should take about five minutes and 12 bucks haha hopefully that solves the problem
Old 10-03-2010, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Xposure
Ok well ill replace it tomorrow it should take about five minutes and 12 bucks haha hopefully that solves the problem
Let us know.

Quick Reply: Help me out here plz