LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Wiring help please.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Wiring help please.

So I have been having some oddball issues here and there.

I have had very intermittent O2 sensor issues. I keep getting a code saying one of the sensors, I think bank 2 sensor 1 has low voltage. I can plug my scanner in, watch the live stream, and it will operate properly, but then other times, it'll drop to 0 volts. The code will sometimes go away, and not come back for a month at a time. I also have .44 volts at both rear sensors, which have been deleted and tuned out.

I have had a hard start issue. There isn't much of a pattern to it, other than that if it sits over night, it will take 2-6 attempts to get it to start. It acts as if it gets no fuel. I can just barely hear the fuel pump prime, but, that may also be because I have a Subthump box.

Also, for the first, say 3-5 minutes of the car running, if I try to go 75% throttle or more, it falls on its face, essentially acting like it doesn't get the fuel it needs.

There is also the occasional stumble.

Anyways, the reason I feel it may be a wiring issue is because I was an idiot. I forgot to relocate or protect the wires on the passenger side when I installed my Pacesetters. Now I can see the loom has been burnt and conformed to the shape of the primary, but I haven't been able to get to the wires to check.

Are the wires in that loom for the oxygen sensors? Possible that those wires could be causing these issues? Anyone know which wires those are in there?

Thanks guys.

Last edited by Tbird232ci; 10-04-2010 at 07:30 PM.