LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ORY Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ORY Question

Hello all, i was recently trying to make up my mind on which set of longtubes to buy for my 97 then i thought to myself hang on this would move the loc of my cats and id fail visual so did a search on here and sure enough.. anyway i was looking at this Stock manifold compatible ORY which would seem like a much simpler thing to switch out every smog rather than a whole header deal so my question is right now, im just running stock manifolds with stock catted y and stock catback and a cutout that stays open all the time in the I pipe and how much louder would it be with a ORY fitted to the stock manifolds rather than the cats? Heres the link to the ory im thinking about buying

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=3726

Thanx in advance
Old 10-08-2010, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Why would you keep your stock manifolds?

I have hooker super comp long tubes with a custom made Y pipe and a single cat after the Y pipe, the car just passed visual and sniffer inspection, just keep you AIR pump and make it look like its hooked up to something.

I just don't see the point of swaping out the stock Y pipe if you are keeping the stock manifolds
Old 10-08-2010, 07:55 PM

Im no expert on az but here in CA anything without a carb # is illegal and I understand some stations will look over the visual, hell if u go a couple towns over from me and hand the guy 150 bux he will pass u with an LS1 with an MS3 and open headers but im trying to keep the car legal and for the stuff that is not "Legal" I want to be able to swap it quickly if need be and headers r not a 20 min swap like a ypipe is So again after that long post Does anyone know how much louder it would b?
Old 10-08-2010, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

ooh sorry, didn't know you lived in CA
Old 10-08-2010, 08:46 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by white_lt1
Im no expert on az but here in CA anything without a carb # is illegal and I understand some stations will look over the visual, hell if u go a couple towns over from me and hand the guy 150 bux he will pass u with an LS1 with an MS3 and open headers but im trying to keep the car legal and for the stuff that is not "Legal" I want to be able to swap it quickly if need be and headers r not a 20 min swap like a ypipe is So again after that long post Does anyone know how much louder it would b?
Not much. I took mine off when it was all stock, and all it did was get a little more raspy.