LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

how do you remove these fittings (Oil pressure sensor)

Old 06-25-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Longest run-on sentence ever?
Old 06-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Longest run-on sentence ever?
You've been evil lately. I like it.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW the right socket is 7/8ths for the fitting the OPS goes into...the one in the block is 19mm for some reason Sockets make this much easier than an adjustable crescent wrench or open end wrench and you don't risk striping the female threads in the fittings....ask how I know.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default black bird

Are u still able to help complete this. I have 97 with 75k on it and getting low pressure when I hit the brakes after its warmed up. No knocking or anything last time changed oil no pick-up tube in pan from pounding on it. I also have to switch out the trans mount and got the lovely squeak when turning. Mind helping or doing to the work to fix these issues as you seem to have knowledge of them.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:31 AM

I have a leak from the angle fitting to the block. Has anyone removed the angle fitting without removing the intake manifold? Its not leaking from the manifold i have a probe camera that shows the leak.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 94z28/formula
I have a leak from the angle fitting to the block. Has anyone removed the angle fitting without removing the intake manifold? Its not leaking from the manifold i have a probe camera that shows the leak.
Yeah, it's a pain in the *** because you can't see the fittings really...you have to feel for it, but it can be done! I had to get some special socket at auto zone to get the oil pressure sensor off first without breaking it...you will need one of those and pipe dope.

This picture helps A LOT! http://shbox.com/1/oil_pressure_sensor.jpg

Oh yeah, I had to take the EGR valve off too to get to the fitting that goes into the block.

Last edited by ahritchie; 04-02-2015 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by ahritchie
Yeah, it's a pain in the *** because you can't see the fittings really...you have to feel for it, but it can be done! I had to get some special socket at auto zone to get the oil pressure sensor off first without breaking it...you will need one of those and pipe dope.

This picture helps A LOT! http://shbox.com/1/oil_pressure_sensor.jpg

Oh yeah, I had to take the EGR valve off too to get to the fitting that goes into the block.
Thanks for the response, when I get motivated i'll give it a go. Just finished swapping the optispark to an msd, new plugs wires, working good now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how do you remove these fittings (Oil pressure sensor)