LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

gauges/hotchkis stb

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default gauges/hotchkis stb

ok not sure if this would be the correct spot for this but here goes......needed a new stb after using mine as an emergency tow point a while back and picked up a hotchkis for it ...heres my question(s)....has anyone ever used the 3 holes in the center for gauges......what 3 guages would be best for a lt1 engine......i'm thinking mechanical fp/vacuum(i have a small one on my canister but having one on top instead of on the canister/ and i was thinking maybe a small tach...i already have oil/trans temp inside and a efp quage but being able to monitor under hood i'm thinking wouldn't be such a bad idea and it would be something diff....any input
Old 10-18-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wait, so you want to put gauges on your STB? Interesting idea, but I don't get the point. Wouldn't they be better off inside the car where you can see them? Wouldn't they gawdy up the engine bay with the wiring/sending units and whatnot?

It would definitely be different. I haven't seen it done before. Are the holes even the correct size (2 1/16")?
Old 10-18-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a very unique idea, but it IMO would be unpractical as you wouldn't be able to monitor any of the gauges while your driving.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

as for gauges not inside car...i already have all the factory gauges to monitor/plus i have an electric fp,oil temp,and trans temp inside...i like the i dea of also having a mechanical fp which has to be mounted outside the cabin, and i'm running a vacuum canister with i tiny gauge on that...was just thinking the holes are there and it would give an interesting spot to mount them.......as for the holes...they are 1 1/2" which is the size of mini guages...the outside is angled to the small holes which is 2 1/16" the size of most gauges.....like i said just a thought and idea i've had
Old 10-18-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could def. see a mec fuel pressure gauge being of convenience. If you end up doing it post up PICS!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:09 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A fp, vacuum, and coolant temp would be nice to see on the motor. I'm just running a fp off the regulator.

Quick Reply: gauges/hotchkis stb