LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

L31 Vortec 330.5 HP 381.1 TQ

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 01:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question L31 Vortec 330.5 HP 381.1 TQ

Built this engine awhile ago after I threw a rod. Just didnt know if anyone has seen somebody put down numbers similar to mine with the pathetic fuel injection of the 96-99 Vortec trucks???? Lower end is pretty built with forged crank and rods, but top end is stock except for LT4 Hotcam and ported stock heads. I'm pretty happy with the results, but I think I'm maxed out as far as horsepower goes.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silverado
Built this engine awhile ago after I threw a rod. Just didnt know if anyone has seen somebody put down numbers similar to mine with the pathetic fuel injection of the 96-99 Vortec trucks???? Lower end is pretty built with forged crank and rods, but top end is stock except for LT4 Hotcam and ported stock heads. I'm pretty happy with the results, but I think I'm maxed out as far as horsepower goes.
Those are nice results man. Love the use of the Thorley's ppl just put those aside like it's attributes aren't worthwhile!!! Run 1.7 RR you can squeeze some more out that puppy.
http://www.flatlanderracing.com/
and QTP pipes will get you some more from open exhaust at the touch of a switch.

Your all forged out so N20 is only an install away, got yourself a nice sleeper. Disguised in a truck.

Quick Reply: L31 Vortec 330.5 HP 381.1 TQ