LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Experience with tuners?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experience with tuners?

I'm looking into getting a tune. I've been learning myself and tuning, but it's just getting frustrating.

So when these companies send you a tune, is it final? or do they get you to log the car and send back info and help you to really fine tune it?

Please give me your experience and recommendations on getting a tune.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

anyone have any advice on who to use to get my pcm tuned?
Old 10-26-2010, 03:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mguidry629
I'm looking into getting a tune. I've been learning myself and tuning, but it's just getting frustrating.

So when these companies send you a tune, is it final? or do they get you to log the car and send back info and help you to really fine tune it?

Please give me your experience and recommendations on getting a tune.
yes they usually will take a data log and base their tune off of that.....many times the tune requires final tweaking on idle and WOT.....try bryan at PCMForless or Ed Wright.....
Old 10-27-2010, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

I am currently going through the tuning process with Solomon of lt1pcmtuning. He has been great to work with and I expect to have some great results when we are done.

In my case we did a base tune on the mods I told him were on the car. That gets run for a bit and the data from the ecm gets recorded and sent to him using TTS Datamaster software and an ALDL cable. He will interpret the data and send me a second tune, that again gets run and the data sent back to him. If necessary a third tune will be made and run, and the process will continue until we are both happy with the results.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, I was thinking about using Solomon. I read his website 100 times when trying to tune my car. And I emailed him with a couple of questions and he was quick to write back and help me out at no charge.

I want a tune, but at the same time I want to work with a professional and learn the details of tuning. Ya know?
Old 10-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Launching!

I am working on it with Solomon and he is very good. He is very quick to respond and even has sent me retunes late late at night. Very quality too. Made the right suggestions and would not do anything risky. I have the infamous y-pipe banging on the floorboard so I need to get that fixed before we do WOT tuning, but I should be done after three weeks worth of tuning

Well worth the money.

Quick Reply: Experience with tuners?