LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Exhaust and torque arm question.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust and torque arm question.....

I snapped my stock torque arm. Luckily the transmission and driveshaft are ok. My exhaust setup before was LT to X pipe through single chamber flowmasters dumped behind the rear axle. The car sounded perfect and ran great #'s. Now I bought a badass spohn torque arm and the damn thing wont fit cuz it hits the X pipe. So I ran straight pipes and ran them about 28 inches behind the door dumped through my same flowmasters right before the axle and the car sounds like ****. Sounds good at idle but at throttle sounds like a glass packed old beater truck.. What are you guys runnin that have aftermarket torque arms?

Last edited by BADMOON; 10-30-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

I have an 3 inch true duals with and x-pipe and dynomax bullets. I run a UMI adj torque arm. The best way to do it is install the torque arm and have the car at ride height then build the exhaust around everything.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bigj2717
I have an 3 inch true duals with and x-pipe and dynomax bullets. I run a UMI adj torque arm. The best way to do it is install the torque arm and have the car at ride height then build the exhaust around everything.

Yea your right. I just want the car to sound like it did before when I had my X pipe and dumped into the Flows behind the axle.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Hey, dunno if you ever heard of an Alston torque arm before? But that's what I use. I ran into the same problem. Couldn't buy a frame mount TA so I found the Alston on the net. It mounts up in the DS tunnel. It allowed me to run my X pipe. However I will run into a problem installing a DS loop later on.

https://www.secureway1.com/alston/in...?productID=216
Old 10-31-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jayz28
Hey, dunno if you ever heard of an Alston torque arm before? But that's what I use. I ran into the same problem. Couldn't buy a frame mount TA so I found the Alston on the net. It mounts up in the DS tunnel. It allowed me to run my X pipe. However I will run into a problem installing a DS loop later on.

https://www.secureway1.com/alston/in...?productID=216

Thats a good find man. I appreciate it. I had to have a ds loop though and this torque arm cost almost 700 bucks I just want the car back to where it was with the X pipe. I wonder if I H piped it before the mufflers where they are at now if it would sound close to like it was>?

Quick Reply: Exhaust and torque arm question.....