LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

msd pills

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 08:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default msd pills

are these needed in the unit for it to work....i got ahold of one but it has no modules ...was told if no module is in it it will just work off the factory computer limiter...is this true
Old 10-30-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah it will still use the factory rev limit because the MSD will do nothing without the pill inserted.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

may help if tell us what "unit" you are referring to????
Old 10-31-2010, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The MSD rev limiter does not "override" the factory rev limiter set in the PCM. It is merely an additional one. So which ever limiter you hit first, that's the one your engine will stop at.

The only difference is that the MSD rev limiter (assuming you have a 6AL with the Soft Touch Rev Control) won't cut fuel, it will cut spark.

The pills are only required if you wish to use the MSD rev controller. They are not needed for normal operation.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yeah sorry its a 6al.....i plan on getting the pills for it but just making sure it will work in the time being,,,i figure i'll give it a shot in my car ...if it doesnt work i can always use it in my k5 jimmy.......now i just gotta figure out where to mount it....it was a lil dirty so i decided to at least clean er up and i sprayed it with black hammertone paint and shined up the rails ...now it matches my engine at least.....on a seperate not i like this paint...it matches up to the rough castings of engine parts perfedtly and gives stuff the painted cast look...also sprayed my stb and it really makes everything blend in nice and it all matches my black lt4 intake nicely now

Quick Reply: msd pills