LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

have spark, and plenty of fuel. cranks but, no start.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 09:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have spark, and plenty of fuel. cranks but, no start.

Went to replace the waterpump and opti drive oil seals due to a small leak. while everything was apart I cleaned off all the old oil and grime and reassembled.

Once it was all put together went to go ahead and start the engine and check the leaks it turns out it doesn't start. it turns over no issue and all injectors fire along with having spark at all plugs, but, for some reason it doesn't ever catch and run. Only shudders a few times a sec after I try starting, and it will continue to sputter, albeit VERY slowly. It will put and put for a while but never fully catch and start.

I am running out of things to check. already ordered a new opti just in case and replaced half of the sensors yesterday... what is going on!?
Old 11-14-2010, 09:55 AM
TECH Resident

make sure your coil is hooked up and on good... sounds like you forgot some stuff... then check the opti spark harness,, give it a little wiggle.. Oh yea check your ground on the PS that goes from the frame to the coil could cause a problem as well

Last edited by old93camaro; 11-14-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Launching!

what year is your car, the only thing i can think about is that your opti is installed wrong, believe it or not it happens all the time
Old 11-14-2010, 10:56 AM

Try the ignition module mine just went bad and my car was doing the same thing
Old 11-14-2010, 11:51 AM
TECH Resident

well, torn down again turns out the opti was 120* off. So much for having a keyed slot so you couldn't put it in wrong.

thanks for the help guys never would've thought that that could have happened. such a rookie mistake.

only thing to do now is wait and see when the chandler opti comes in. So, for now the motor sits half disassembled.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lt1slowz28
well, torn down again turns out the opti was 120* off. So much for having a keyed slot so you couldn't put it in wrong.

thanks for the help guys never would've thought that that could have happened. such a rookie mistake.

only thing to do now is wait and see when the chandler opti comes in. So, for now the motor sits half disassembled.
I'm putting one on right now as we speak. trying to fine out if this high rpm miss will go away....()
Old 11-14-2010, 01:05 PM
TECH Resident

have fun lol.

start to finish in 2 hours, no jacking required, along with a cigarette and a beer in the middle.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lt1slowz28
have fun lol.

start to finish in 2 hours, no jacking required, along with a cigarette and a beer in the middle.
lol I'm done already and my high miss is gone like the wind...thing pulls like a freight train now lol.....So i guess back to the dyno