LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Here's what im thinking for my winter build...

Old 11-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's what im thinking for my winter build...

Ok so i already have my engine built to a 396 on a 100 shot of nitrous but its still has the stock intake and some small trick flow heads. I have all aftermarket rear suspension and nothing done to the front accept for QA1 shocks. so heres my list of stuff

ENGINE

-Victor E efi intake w/ a custom sheet metal elbow
-Arizona Speed & Marine Monoblade TB
-60 ib Siemen Deka injectors
-Brodix 221 track 1 heads (And no im not going to go with AFR's so i dont wanna hear it)
-Comp cams solid roller cam
-Altinater relocatin (just to clean up the engine bay a little bit)
-Maybe a Mezier electric water pump
-New pistons, probably some custom Diamonds that are i little beefier to hold a 200-250 shot of spray

CHASSIS

-Drag brakes front and rear
-Tubular K-member
-Lower A-arms (Just going to use stock uppers to save some money)
-New 9'' rearend
-And a little weight reduction (hopefully get the car down to around 3200-3300)

I also plan on painting my whole car and even the engine bay, i want it run good and look good at the same time.

Im hoping to put out around 425-450rwhp N/A and right around 600rwhp with spray. Im hoping for low 10's maybe high 9's, Do this sound feasable with the setup i just mentioned? I will post up picks on my progress..
Old 11-16-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You don't need half of that stuff to get 425-450whp, most of which is overkill.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
You don't need half of that stuff to get 425-450whp, most of which is overkill.
Well horsepower is just a number, all dynos differ. My car put down 350rwhp as it sits right now, then add a 100 shot and i ran a 10.95 in a full weight car, ive spanked plenty of cars claiming to put down 500+ rwhp. I shouldnt have even posted the dyno numbers i want to make, just the times i want to make, the track is the real dyno. That being said do you think i could run low 10's and maybe high 9's with that setup?
Old 11-16-2010, 07:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

On spray? I would think it would be ridiculously easy with that setup.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Launching!

On spray? I would think it would be ridiculously easy with that setup.
yes sir
Old 11-16-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

dude on spray that thing should go low 9's with a decent 60ft. IDK what your running for a trans & rear but if your TFS headed 396 only puts down 350rw you must be losing quite a bit of power threw the drivetrain.

If you build what your planning on motor it should go high 9's(again with a 60ft)

converted heads, SR cam,396 cubes, 250 shot = low low 9's
Old 11-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slomarao
dude on spray that thing should go low 9's with a decent 60ft. IDK what your running for a trans & rear but if your TFS headed 396 only puts down 350rw you must be losing quite a bit of power threw the drivetrain.

If you build what your planning on motor it should go high 9's(again with a 60ft)

converted heads, SR cam,396 cubes, 250 shot = low low 9's
My trick flow heads are only 195's and i still have the stock intake unported, so i figured bigger heads and better intake will help out a ton, I had a spark plug wire arcing on the header when i put down those #'s but i only use dynoes for tuning, the real dyno is the race track....
Old 11-16-2010, 10:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow 350hp with a 100shot and running in the 10s...that is moving pretty good..

The new build should be leaps and bounds faster though
Old 12-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Launching!

Just ordered my tubular k member, lower a arms, and altinator/power steering relocation kit from speed inc monday. It was cyber sale monday and i think i saved over $200 on all the stuff plus free shipping, all of it should be here friday. I also started some body work on the car, i will get some pictures up soon.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a cool car, can't wait to see pics..

like these guys said tho, with that kind of setup 9's should be easy. Out of curiousity, Where did you dyno the car at? What kind of a dyno was it on?
Old 12-03-2010, 08:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

If you are running as cast TFS 195's and a factory manifold, then you likely already own the potential to run the # you'd like if the right work were applied to them. Without drive train details, engine management details, etc. it is difficult to determine what would be ideal. Good luck!
Old 12-21-2010, 01:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Sounds like a cool car, can't wait to see pics..

like these guys said tho, with that kind of setup 9's should be easy. Out of curiousity, Where did you dyno the car at? What kind of a dyno was it on?
It was dyno tuned at FLP in naperville Il. the dyno was a dyno jet. My buddies heads, cam, intake, ls1 car made 350rwhp there also. And i will have pics soon, ive been doing a bunch of body work and rounding up parts, im getting ready to pull the engine here pretty soon
Old 12-21-2010, 01:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

A heads/cam LS1 only making 350whp?

Was the e-brake on?
Old 12-21-2010, 02:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah something doesn't add up there. Even mild H/C setups are in the low 400s
Old 12-21-2010, 08:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ReggieWarrenJr
Ok so i already have my engine built to a 396 on a 100 shot of nitrous but its still has the stock intake and some small trick flow heads. I have all aftermarket rear suspension and nothing done to the front accept for QA1 shocks. so heres my list of stuff

ENGINE
-60 ib Siemen Deka injectors
-Brodix 221 track 1 heads (And no im not going to go with AFR's so i dont wanna hear it)
-Comp cams solid roller cam
-New pistons, probably some custom Diamonds that are i little beefier to hold a 200-250 shot of spray

CHASSIS

Im hoping to put out around 425-450rwhp N/A and right around 600rwhp with spray. Im hoping for low 10's maybe high 9's,
Hey it is you're money so do whatever you want man. But you probably won't need 60lb injectors, you can get your target with 42lb. What is the valve size your heads? If those are decent heads you should be able to make 450RWHP. Won't need solid roller to reach your goals. Also when you get new pistons it is advisible to have them matched to your engine by the machine shop. Basically they bore your block over like .030" and match the pistons for each cylinder for a .003" piston to cylinder clearance/whatever your piston manufacturer recommends.

My trick flow heads are only 195's and i still have the stock intake unported, so i figured bigger heads and better intake will help out a ton, I had a spark plug wire arcing on the header when i put down those #'s but i only use dynoes for tuning, the real dyno is the race track....
I make your goals with custom intake manifold and smaller Dart Pro 1s. You don't have to spend money on bigger heads.

Just my opinion but I really like engine dynos. Tuning on the race track has so many variables that are eliminated on the dyno.

Over all man you're talking about like 15-20K of mods to your car. If you go through with all of it, you might be disgusted with your car at the end. Also that expensive of a project has a way of causing tension with your family and relationships. If you have the money and don't have to answer to a wife or anything do what you want.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Launching!

A heads/cam LS1 only making 350whp?

Was the e-brake on?
Like i said before, dynos differ. FLP runs a "tight" dyno. I dont even care about number, i look at dyno as tuning tool only.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by noice
Hey it is you're money so do whatever you want man. But you probably won't need 60lb injectors, you can get your target with 42lb. What is the valve size your heads? If those are decent heads you should be able to make 450RWHP. Won't need solid roller to reach your goals. Also when you get new pistons it is advisible to have them matched to your engine by the machine shop. Basically they bore your block over like .030" and match the pistons for each cylinder for a .003" piston to cylinder clearance/whatever your piston manufacturer recommends.

I make your goals with custom intake manifold and smaller Dart Pro 1s. You don't have to spend money on bigger heads.

Just my opinion but I really like engine dynos. Tuning on the race track has so many variables that are eliminated on the dyno.

Over all man you're talking about like 15-20K of mods to your car. If you go through with all of it, you might be disgusted with your car at the end. Also that expensive of a project has a way of causing tension with your family and relationships. If you have the money and don't have to answer to a wife or anything do what you want.
15-20K? where do come up with that kind of number? not even close to what i will be spending, My dad own a machine shop so ive got the hook up. Even if my dad didnt own a machine shop it would still be around 10K. And what does your car run at the track with that so called 450rwhp? Mine runs 10.9s with 350 rwhp and a 100 shot, its also full weight on 17'' wheels...
Old 12-21-2010, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

Mine runs 10.9s with 350 rwhp and a 100 shot, its also full weight on 17'' wheels...
That ain't exactly setting the world on fire.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LSWHO
That ain't exactly setting the world on fire.
Well no ****... but i wish i had a dollar for every time i heard someone say they have 450-500rwhp car and only run 12's.. I dont even know why i post on this forum because you guys never have any helpful information, just criticism.... I really dont give a **** about horse power numbers, its all a bunch bullshit, the only good thing HP numbers are good for is bench racing....
Old 12-21-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

Well no ****... but i wish i had a dollar for every time i heard someone say they have 450-500rwhp car and only run 12's.. I dont even know why i post on this forum because you guys never have any helpful information, just criticism.... I really dont give a **** about horse power numbers, its all a bunch bullshit, the only good thing HP numbers are good for is bench racing....
I agree with nearly 100% of this.

Just like you not caring about dyno #s some guys don't care about track times.

Some guys don't care about either of them.

So running 12s with 500whp 400 or whatever isn't important to them.

What everybody is trying to tell you is that your build is overkill for your goal. That's not just criticism, that's true. The problem is a lot of these guys have zero tact and clearly don't get out much.

Search this Thread