LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust!

I've had my 97 WS6 for about 6 months now. I want to get a true dual exhaust I was told it can open up some horse power. I have been doing my research, but am so confused there is so many different brands, long, short headers what size exhaust to run back. Please help me Im working with a budget of about $800 so be nice! I have been looking on here and seem to be some nice prices. I have tell spring to get it all so I have some time to look.
Thanks, Guys
Old 12-20-2010, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

If you don't have to worry about emissions go with long tube headers they will give you the most power. Look around ebay for headers there are some stainless steel ones one there pretty cheap. Then for exhaust its all up to you. You can get a y-pipe and run a good flowing cat back or you can ditch that and run true duals with an x-pipe. For a bolt on car you do not need true duals but they sound great.

They way I built my duals was with a universal x-pipe kit from summit then a pair of bullet mufflers. All that with some hangers and misc clamps and things was about $200. Also when you do the headers I would highly recommend changing the motor mounts while you're in there.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Ebay Stainless Heads and Y - $300
Gaskets - $20
ARP Bolts - $20
3" Band Clamps - $10 each (X3)
Total -$370 without install

If you are just going to go with a x pipe dumped at the axle you might be able to do it for the $430 you got left over. You can find them used and or a cheap catback on the forums, take a look. It will be close but you should be able to get it done for what you have to put into it.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys.
I dont not have any emissions to worry about so I will go with the long tube. There is a set on here for $300 new, but I will keep looking around.

THanks, again

Quick Reply: Exhaust!