LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Whats your custom true duals setup like?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whats your custom true duals setup like?

Yes, i'm aware that i post alot of threads but i need some opinions and ideas for my new exhaust. I was going to get a hooker aerochamber and call it a day but i want to go true dual. However i dont want to dump it at the axle and let it be, id like to run it up over or under the axle. I've been seeing people are running both pipes up and over only they are running side by side over the passenger side of the axle, is there a reason for that? I was considering under the axle as well but living in PA im a little worried about ground clearence. I'd be doing the x-pipe but the shop will be finishing off the exhaust out the back. Also if i could see some pictures thatd be great, thanks!
Old 12-26-2010, 11:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sometimes the search bar is your best friend.. still the same body style, bet there are some lt1 guys in there
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-pics-too.html
Old 12-26-2010, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok so ive been looking and im considering under the axles but some people say the axle hits it and causes it to move the exhaust whenever the car goes over a bump?
Old 12-26-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Regular

I have under axle nothing hits when driving but somtimes my muffler may touch if its large bump in the road ( not a big deal) but make sure you make it so it can unbolt your pipes from the mufflers so if you have to drop the rear out you dont have to take the entire setup off .
Old 12-26-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

under the axle is just retarded IMO,...people run 2.1/4 maybe 2.1/2 both over the PS because there isn't enough room around the upper bracket of the DS PHR ..now you can clearance the upper PHR either side and make either fit better OR you can get a PHR relocation kit and run duals with enough room for3" out the back (what i will end up doing) ...heres the part ------->http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=289
heres some shots of mine currently...i'm going to get rid of the muff's for resonators "bullets" because i want more ground clearance and i refuse to beat in my rear seats floor pans
michael
Attached Thumbnails Whats your custom true duals setup like?-rear-diff2.jpg   Whats your custom true duals setup like?-truduals-front-pic.jpg   Whats your custom true duals setup like?-truduals-rear-pic.jpg  

Last edited by defaultexistence; 12-26-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ocala93TA
I have under axle nothing hits when driving but somtimes my muffler may touch if its large bump in the road ( not a big deal) but make sure you make it so it can unbolt your pipes from the mufflers so if you have to drop the rear out you dont have to take the entire setup off .
Id like to have the borla XR1 mufflers before they come out of the bumper. I almost feel wrong running exhaust under the axle. Is it real noticable when someones behind you?
Old 12-26-2010, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by defaultexistence
under the axle is just retarded IMO,...people run 2.1/4 maybe 2.1/2 both over the PS because there isn't enough room around the upper bracket of the DS PB ..now you can clearance the upper PB either side and make either fit better OR you can get a PB relocation kit and run duals with enough room for3" out the back (what i will end up doing) ...heres the part ------->http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=289
I didnt understand anything you said because you abbrieviated everything
Old 12-26-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

under the axle is just retarded IMO,...people run 2.1/4 maybe 2.1/2 both over the PS because there isn't enough room around the upper bracket of the DS PB ..now you can clearance the upper PB either side and make either fit better OR you can get a PB relocation kit and run duals with enough room for3" out the back (what i will end up doing) ...heres the part ------->http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=289
Got you now, you meant panhard bar. I'm going to take it to my exhaust shop to see what he says he did a real good job on my dads 05 Ram dually, which was said to be "impossible" to run duals on without some big kit you had to buy and he did it no kit required. I only plan on running 2.5" so maybe i wont need a PB relocation kit, thanks for the info!
Old 12-26-2010, 03:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had a 2.5"X pipe,1ch. Flows under the axle for many retarded years now!
Old 12-26-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

huh,OK my mistake...... -------> https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...ml#post2682533
Old 12-26-2010, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Panhard Bar..i got it
Old 12-26-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
I have had a 2.5"X pipe,1ch. Flows under the axle for many retarded years now!
cool...to each their own like i said IMO.. in an emergency ,will the rear end push/torq on the exhaust & manifolds if you have to jack a tire up on the side of the road to change it? if you catch a dip or pothole in the road that causes air/lift on the car doesn't the rear end and exhaust collide?
Old 12-26-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

cool...to each their own like i said IMO.. in an emergency ,will the rear end push/torq on the exhaust & manifolds if you have to jack a tire up on the side of the road to change it? if you catch a dip or pothole in the road that causes air/lift on the car doesn't the rear end and exhaust collide?
Default did you get a quote from a shop to run them up over the axle or do you have your own exhaust bender. By the way heres a pic of 2.5" over the axle piping without a PB relocation i got from lt1engine.com
Attached Thumbnails Whats your custom true duals setup like?-lrg-458-800_00552853-1-.jpg  
Old 12-26-2010, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What do you guys recommend for mufflers? Im looking at Magnaflow bullets right now, but im not sure
Old 12-26-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by l 95 Trans Am l
Default did you get a quote from a shop to run them up over the axle or do you have your own exhaust bender. By the way heres a pic of 2.5" over the axle piping without a PB relocation i got from lt1engine.com
^^^^forget lowering or cornering hard right with that setup you pictured....a quote for what?
Old 12-26-2010, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's another variant. I ran mine out the sides behind the doors. Makes it very easy to service the gas tank and rear suspension. I think it looks pretty good. The one photo shows where the tips come out. The exhaust is custom fabbed 3" stainless with a custom X thru the dip in the Spohn cross member. Mufflers are Edelbrock SDT 304 stainless...

--Alan
Attached Thumbnails Whats your custom true duals setup like?-undercar1.jpg   Whats your custom true duals setup like?-undercar2-2-.jpg   Whats your custom true duals setup like?-undercar3.jpg   Whats your custom true duals setup like?-sideshot-3-.jpg  
Old 12-26-2010, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^^forget lowering or cornering hard right with that setup you pictured....a quote for what?
Then how do people get away with over the axle?? And quote for the over the axle at a shop, or do you have an exhaust bender?
Old 12-26-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

the problem isn't with OVER the axel..the picture you posted ,look at the passanger pipe and how it passes thru the middle of PHR and the upper PHR that area is like scissors it'll work but it will get clamped on if hitting any hard dip,bumps,potholes or cornering hard...if you lower it ,the PHR will be all over the pipe constantly
Old 12-26-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the problem isn't with OVER the axel..the picture you posted ,look at the passanger pipe and how it passes thru the middle of PHR and the upper PHR that area is like scissors it'll work but it will get clamped on if hitting any hard dip,bumps,potholes or cornering hard...if you lower it ,the PHR will be all over the pipe constantly
Now i see what you mean. SO theres no way to route it over the axle without the PHB relocation kit? Keep in mind im running 2.5" due to the fact that its only a bolt on car
Old 12-26-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can fit dual 3 inch over the axle with no relocation kit if you find a good enough shop. 2.5 inch should be no problem for any shop

Quick Reply: Whats your custom true duals setup like?