LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I ordered my tune!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I ordered my tune!!!!

I just ordered my tune from MadZ28, Pretty Excited?

Do you guys think I will see a difference in power and shift firmness?

Also, Do you think it will be a problem that I did not fill in the box for "PCM Service Code", I dont have any tools at my house and I couldnt see the code without it being out of the engine bay!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

Ion did my tune also. I am very pleased with the results. The shift firmness I felt was moderate when I was stock with only a tune, but there was a noticeable seat of the pants increase in power. Hope you're as pleased with your tune as I an with mine.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably wont notice anything besides the trans shifting a little more firm. I didnt notice anything. When you look at the tables he really doesnt do much besides super basic stuff. I think its more of a placebo affect to be honest.

As for the 2nd question, i have no idea what your talking about?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

Are you asking us if you're excited? J/K. I don't know anything about that last question either. Do you mean a scan tool? If so what does the engine bay have to do with it?

Anyway, IIRC you haven't even tuned for your 4.10 gears so the speedo and shift points have been way off. If so, then I think you should feel a difference, especially with CAI and LT headers, going from stock tune. If not, then something's wrong. True, with a stock setup you might not be able to "feel" the difference, but you should pick up a couple tenths in the 1/4 and a couple mpg's. Should be more significant in your case, since your a little better than stock.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Were you stock when you got tuned?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any type of tune from a reputable tuner your going to feel the difference mine went from 14.0 in the cold *** winter to 13.7 in the muggy *** summer with a solomon tune so I'm sure they all do the same thing or close too.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah Shift points have been way to high!! i think maybe one of the reasons my head gasket blew...

My speedo was off by about 10mph low, so 40mph, I was at 30mph...

To try and clear up the confusion on my last question: In the tuning sheet he has you fill out, it says Specify the ECM/PCM/ Code on your module?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Will the car start up and run with the new tuned pcm, since its a different pcm??
Old 01-24-2011, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

Oh...I'm a 95 OBDI guy, so I don't know much about the OBDII stuff, but I don't think it's a big deal. All 96s should be the same. Just curious, how are you going to load the tune on your pcm? He let's you borrow some cables and you load it from a laptop?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mguidry629
Oh...I'm a 95 OBDI guy, so I don't know much about the OBDII stuff, but I don't think it's a big deal. All 96s should be the same. Just curious, how are you going to load the tune on your pcm? He let's you borrow some cables and you load it from a laptop?
He's sending me a tuned pcm, and then i send him my stock one, and i get almost half my money back.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I noticed quite a difference when I was bolt on untuned.

Then I cammed it and had it tuned again, cant comment on gained power since I didnt drive the car untuned but it made it idle so much nicer
Old 01-24-2011, 06:55 PM
TECH Addict

yeah basically a core charge.

yes its gonna start with the new PCM. lol How do you think he stays in business? I just had lt headers when i got the tune from him along with deleting some codes. I later had it switched to a local guy who went over everything. Madz28 tune wasnt anything special and it was pretty close to stock to be honest even when i had him re-do it when i first installed the hotcam. Very little was changed. sorry to burst your bubble like that but im just telling it how it is. Have fun

i think what the code thing means is if you want specific SES codes deleted from your car such as EGR or the rear o2 sensor codes. stuff like that
Old 01-24-2011, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just found out that my car was tuned by Jeremy Formato... FML!!!

Is there anyway I can keep my tune and just have the gears recalibrated, codes deleted, etc...?

I dont think there is since I'd be getting a new pcm, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP... So i can email MadZ28
Old 01-24-2011, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

just email or call him and tell him whats up. He probably didnt do anything with your original one anyways. thats your best bet bro. your gonna have to contact him yourself.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Badazz 97 TA
just email or call him and tell him whats up. He probably didnt do anything with your original one anyways. thats your best bet bro. your gonna have to contact him yourself.
He doesnt have my original one, I still have it...

I emailed him...
Old 01-24-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Then just send yours in and have him do the gears or whatever else you want done and have him send it back. The only thing is the cost of the license since its $100 for a new vin #. Thats how the software works in order to actually get in the pcm. you might have to pay another $100 for the license fee. The turn around might take a little longer but it will be your original one.

Juar email him and tell him the situation. its just him that runs the business out of his apartment. its not like hes some huge company
Old 01-24-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Badazz 97 TA
Then just send yours in and have him do the gears or whatever else you want done and have him send it back. The only thing is the cost of the license since its $100 for a new vin #. Thats how the software works in order to actually get in the pcm. you might have to pay another $100 for the license fee. The turn around might take a little longer but it will be your original one.

Juar email him and tell him the situation. its just him that runs the business out of his apartment. its not like hes some huge company
We just spoke on the phone, he informed me it would come out to be the same cost, If i were to send mine in versus having a new one sent to me...

He said his tune would make the same power if not more and it would have all the bells and whistles I asked for.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

Jeremy is supposed to be the best when it comes to these cars and the obdII. He tuned my obdI and I will never let him touch it again. He came highly recommend for your set up though I would send him yours and let him go through it and make what ever necessary changes he sees. I would keep the foundation of Jeremy's tune though.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigD383lt1
Jeremy is supposed to be the best when it comes to these cars and the obdII. He tuned my obdI and I will never let him touch it again. He came highly recommend for your set up though I would send him yours and let him go through it and make what ever necessary changes he sees. I would keep the foundation of Jeremy's tune though.
If it comes down to it... I will have Jeremy tune it when I get a cam, But for now I will go with MadZ28