LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Horrible vibration

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrible vibration

I drive a 94 Formula A4. It has minor mods; comp eng drag shocks, msd wires and coil, k&n Cai, and some weight reduction. Some history on the car: I have raced it down the track plenty of times and have done many burnouts, my girlfriend has taken the whole car onto a sidewalk, it has an 4l60e of an unknown year since I have changed tranys about 4 times. It has many problems but still has some good kick in it after 210000 miles on it. The main problem as of right now is a horribel vibration while accelerating above fifty. I can coast at any speed above fifty without any vibration but once i get on the pedal, whether a slight tap to WOT, it starts to vibrate to an extreme. It feels like it comes from the passenger rear side but comes up the longer it vibrates. I can manually drop it into a lower gear (A4) and it will stop the vibration but once i put it back into drive the vibration comes right back. I haven't caught anything out of place or anything loose so im wondering if i can get some thought into what anybody thinks is causing this. I need to get rid of this problem since this is my DD. Thanx in advance, Jorge
Old 01-27-2011, 01:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would put the rear end up on jackstands (securely) and run it through the gears, also look at your u joints and driveshaft (swap it if you know someone or have a spare) it might need to be rebalanced, and in 4th you might be spinning it the right amount for the harmonic vibrations to go through the car