LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car misses/loads up when wet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car misses/loads up when wet?

I have a 96 formula with a bug.
I've had this problem for almost a year now, if it rains more than a drizzle it'll miss and load up then back fire. But then acts like it clears it's throat and runs strong and normal. I have replaced the opti twice because of this. It still even does it now even though I put sealant on the housing and switched to the ltcc setup. But yesterday it was doing it again as all the snow melted here but the ses light came on saying "bank 2 sensor 1 over voltage". I cleared the code but it is still acting up on me. So I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or have ideas how to fix it.

Thanks, Adam
Old 02-06-2011, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Intake gasket. I have only heard this never experienced it but two guys told me the same thing. It rains and water leaks onto the intake and cause it to run like **** and then it fine after they pull away from a light or stop. might check it with brake cleaner to at idle to see if it is leaking.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll try that, but a couple months ago I changed the heads and replaced all the gaskets while it was apart. But somethin could of happened to them

Quick Reply: Car misses/loads up when wet?