LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

driver window trouble Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default driver window trouble Help

Ok so I have a problem. The track roller stud broke off the windows metal frame at the back of the window frame near the door handel. plastic roller also broke in to several peices. This is the one that keeps the window centered in the door. I am at a loss as to what to do hear. It's almost like I need to change the window braket that holds the window but of course no one sells this part because it should never go bad right? lol. Also it looks like a real pain in the ***. it has about 8 rivets that go through the actual window glass????? I could just go get one out of a junk yard but what a waist for a stupid roller. Anyone know if there is something I could use to try and fix this?
Old 02-14-2011, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had to weld it back on and found that doorman sells replacement rollers that don't fit but can be mod it to fit. LOL I have not bought an electric welder yet so I got to do this with my Oxy Acetylene kit with welding tip. Boy what an experience that was. I thought for sure I was going to explode the window with all that heat. Did it 2 times tring to keep the heat down and it just would not stick. kept snapping back off. so the last time I went a head and took the window out and did it on the bench and got it really hot and it finally stuck. I just done know for how long though LOL.