LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LTx Street Stock....we need YOU to register!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 10:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LTx Street Stock....we need YOU to register!!!

Anyone remember this quote from Kyle?

Originally Posted by Formula383
Due to time constraints, we will not have enough time for all 8 classes even though we got extra hour added this year. For those considering running this class, it is extremely important that we have at least 8 pre-registered racers for this class before May 1st. Otherwise, we will have to revert to the 2010 classes.
There are currently 6 registered....we only need 2 more to register before may 1st!! Come on guys lets make it happen!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:38 AM
11 Second Club

Class Info : http://www.ltxshootout.com/classes/

In a nutshell: this class is for bolt-on street cars. 3350lbs minimum (3200 for L99, 3450 for LT4)
No skinnies (4.5in minimum), no lexan, no tbrake, no tubbing, no strokers, no H/C cars no race brakes.
Must have opti, alt, interior, 2 seats, stock(-style) internals, factory trans .... etc...

Last edited by James Montigny; 04-07-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:57 AM
10 Second Club

Colin is correct. We've got a little less than a month to get 2 more cars registered for Street Stock. Surely with all the hype that got stirred up about this class there's more than 6 people who want to run this class...
Old 04-07-2011, 11:01 AM
11 Second Club

Surely there is a lighter-weight bolt-on car with a huge stall wanting to represent

I figured this would be a great class for special-edition cars that don't want to modify their cars heavily.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by James Montigny
Class Info : http://www.ltxshootout.com/classes/

In a nutshell: this class is for bolt-on street cars. 3200lbs minimum
No skinnies, no lexan, no tbrake, no tubbing, no strokers, no H/C cars no race brakes.
Must have opti, alt, interior, 2 seats, stock(-style) internals, stock trans .... etc...
If you have questions about this class don't be afraid to ask....... Its 3350 min weight, yes skinnies are allowed, a factory trans but dosen't have to be stock.

Great new class please help support!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:52 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

lets go people get registered we all have alot of work and thought into this class to make it happen!!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on guys! This is the class we all wanted and we made it happen! Dont back down now!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

With all the bolt-on guys around here there should be way more then 8 competitors!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Puck
With all the bolt-on guys around here there should be way more then 8 competitors!
I have no doubt that there will be more than the required 8 in the class, it's just getting them to commit by pre-registering that seems to be the problem
Old 04-07-2011, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess they really are all scared of me and my hooptinator. Who could blame them? I am a sure win. I just should have waited until there were 8 victims registered to register myself and crush all their hopes. Sorry guys, my bad.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Remind you all, it's not a bolt on beginners class. It's a bolt on records class. The rules were made for a select few so you'll have a few running it. Most cars, maybe all are not even street worthy. Hardly a street class. The light weight, tubular k member, no heat or air etc. Hardly street, but good luck. The true street may have brought 30-40 cars.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1-xjs
Remind you all, it's not a bolt on beginners class. It's a bolt on records class. The rules were made for a select few so you'll have a few running it. Most cars, maybe all are not even street worthy. Hardly a street class. The light weight, tubular k member, no heat or air etc. Hardly street, but good luck. The true street may have brought 30-40 cars.
I think "most" is a big exaggeration. The field won't be spread by very much and a lot of it will come down to driver skill and reaction time. A couple 10ths can easily be made up at the tree - these are low powered cars, and even with a fairly aggressive bolt-on setup you won't be doing much back half hunting if you get pulled hard off the line.

You won't need a gutted track only tin can to be competitive and have fun. Sure, if you are going for the W then compromises have to be made, but it is not hard to get a car into the mid 12s and still be a 100% daily driver. Quick enough to have fun for sure.

I think the rules are very fair, and if I had a stock motor lying around then I would run in it - its a hell of a lot cheaper then my stroker, would be easy to finish on time, and I wouldn't give two ***** if it broke! At the rate I'm going I won't be ready for the shootout - the motor is done but I still need a stall, transmission, and a computer/harness. Not cheap, and i have a lot of priorities and a lot less disposable income then when I started. I could run the car as-is with a weaker bolt-on engine and be worry free - how many people drag race without being nervous about blowing up a $3,000 shortblock or grenading a 2k rear end?

It sounds like a blast to me!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Are you allowed to run slicks/MT's ? Can you also have any suspension upgrades?
Old 04-07-2011, 09:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96silverram
Are you allowed to run slicks/MT's ? Can you also have any suspension upgrades?
http://www.ltxshootout.com/classes/

Any DOT legal rear tire allowed that fits within the stock un-altered wheel opening. May not stick out past the fender. No slicks.

Front Suspension: Direct replacement aftermarket A-arms permitted. Stock type drag shocks allowed. Must be in stock location. Sway bar may be removed.
Rear Suspension: RearBolt-in aftermarket components allowed. Stock style replacement sway bar allowed. No wheelie bars or coil over shocks allowed. Aftermarket torque arms permitted. Front mount of torque arm may be relocated. NHRA legal bolt-in traction bars allowed (Pete-Z, etc.).
Chassis: Tubular bolt-in replacement K-member permitted. Sub frame connectors permitted. Rollbars are optional.
Steering: OEM steering required. Power steering pump may be removed or bypassed.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

i disagree with this statement 100% my car is a true summer daily driver and i plan on being very competitive in this class with a stock kmember and heater core in tact.

I think "most" is a big exaggeration. The field won't be spread by very much and a lot of it will come down to driver skill and reaction time. A couple 10ths can easily be made up at the tree - these are low powered cars, and even with a fairly aggressive bolt-on setup you won't be doing much back half hunting if you get pulled hard off the line.

You won't need a gutted track only tin can to be competitive and have fun. Sure, if you are going for the W then compromises have to be made, but it is not hard to get a car into the mid 12s and still be a 100% daily driver. Quick enough to have fun for sure.

I think the rules are very fair, and if I had a stock motor lying around then I would run in it - its a hell of a lot cheaper then my stroker, would be easy to finish on time, and I wouldn't give two ***** if it broke! At the rate I'm going I won't be ready for the shootout - the motor is done but I still need a stall, transmission, and a computer/harness. Not cheap, and i have a lot of priorities and a lot less disposable income then when I started. I could run the car as-is with a weaker bolt-on engine and be worry free - how many people drag race without being nervous about blowing up a $3,000 shortblock or grenading a 2k rear end?

It sounds like a blast to me!
i agree with this statement 100% very well said.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sorry, but you are way out of line. This class is directed at the average guy that wants to run a heads-up class without spending a bunch of money.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by James Montigny
http://www.ltxshootout.com/classes/

Any DOT legal rear tire allowed that fits within the stock un-altered wheel opening. May not stick out past the fender. No slicks.

Front Suspension: Direct replacement aftermarket A-arms permitted. Stock type drag shocks allowed. Must be in stock location. Sway bar may be removed.
Rear Suspension: RearBolt-in aftermarket components allowed. Stock style replacement sway bar allowed. No wheelie bars or coil over shocks allowed. Aftermarket torque arms permitted. Front mount of torque arm may be relocated. NHRA legal bolt-in traction bars allowed (Pete-Z, etc.).
Chassis: Tubular bolt-in replacement K-member permitted. Sub frame connectors permitted. Rollbars are optional.
Steering: OEM steering required. Power steering pump may be removed or bypassed.

Well that sucks, I have QA1 rear coilovers on my car. So, that takes me out of this class. Too bad, I really wanted to run my car in this class.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Huh? There is a minimum weight limit. I'm under the assumption that you think a gutted race car with a stock motor is going to show up. That gutted race car will have to add some weight to be legal. I really don't think you will see an 11.99 here, especially in the heat, no way, no how. A solid mid-12 car will go rounds and possibly win.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:16 AM
11 Second Club

Bottom line is if u have a 12 sec bolt on car you will go rounds and have a chance to win.everyone is worried their car wont have enough to compete. But like they say racing is racing and you gotta be in it to win it!

Edit: i honestly could even see some low 13 sec cars doing some damage and going rounds. Dont be discouraged come out and race. Where else will you be able to race a true heads up class and be competitive? This is a one of a kind oppurtunity to race heads up on a budget. Come out race and enjoy the event and the weekend. Thats my plan neways.

Last edited by CamaroRacing12; 04-08-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:23 PM
12 Second Club

I would definitely run this class, but rules are making it hard for a true street car like mine to run. My car probably weighs in the 3600 +/- range and all of the factory options are intact and working. The motor has every imaginable bolt on along with every imaginable suspension piece, but somehow because I have coil-overs on the rear my car is not eligible. I think my car is the epitome of a true street with working A/C, T-tops, but why I can't have a coil over on my 12 bolt rear end is beyond me. I don't know how that is unfair when I'm dealing with a huge amount of weight (3600 +/-). I already know my car would be competitive from my old ET's (12.61 @ 109) that was with stock suspension and a few less bolt-ons. My car should be a 12.30/12.40 car @ 110 + with the suspension and few extra bolt-ons since that old ET.

Quick Reply: LTx Street Stock....we need YOU to register!!!