LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Import BIN from PCM

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Import BIN from PCM

How do I do this with tuner pro? I have been trying all morning. Tunerpro says that the cable is connected at the bottom of the screen "Not Emulating v242.254.V" So I think it is connected, but no data comes through the cable. What do I need to do to get the tune off of my pcm and into the laptop?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

ok, so now I have the dashboard up that comes with the program and the throttle position keeps changing to random values as well as the engine speed. The car is not even running and it says 4000 rpm, 800 rpm, 25 rpm, etc. Vehicle speed keeps changing as well.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

And now I get a message saying.
"FAILURE: Bin is larger than emulation RAM! Perhaps you meant to use bank 8?"
what does that mean?
Old 04-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

What car do you have and year 93, 94, 95? Are you sure you have the right xdf file for your ecm? Have you made sure you are using the correct offset for the chip? Are you connecting directly through an aldl cable or through a chip reader/ burner like the APU1 autoprom or burn1 like they sell at Moates.net? I had a similar problem when I first tried to read the chip in my 93 Camaro LT1 with TunerPro and the APU1. It was giving me all kinds of crazy data and when I tried to read the chip it had really messed up data when I tried to look at the .bim file and it turned out I hadn't set up the chip offset properly. A good article on programming chips using offsets is found at Moates .net at this link:

http://support.moates.net/2010/04/05...using-offsets/

If that doesn't help, you can look through the help pages at Moates.net, even if you haven't bought anything from them or try the support articles pages at Tunerpro.net. Hope that helps some and if you can give more info I am sure there are several people here that know more than me that can help you get it set up and going.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

By the way I am really new at tuning myself but since it sounded kinda like the problem I had I thought the info might help. I have been learning on TunerPro RT and Datamaster and have the APU1 autoprom set up from Moates.net which is why I suggest the support pages at Moates.net and Tunerpro.net as they have helped me tremendously. Another great resource for tuning tips if you are new to it like me is http://www.lt1pcmtuning.com/tips/ . There are tips for the do it yourself and the guy that runs it, Soloman, can do the tuning for you very reasonably priced or can help you out if you have questions. He has helped me a great deal and I have heard alot of good things about him here at the LS1 tech boards.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

The year of the car is 1994. I am almost positive I have the right definition file. I am connecting directly through an aldl cable. It has come up saying connected and ready on the bottom of the screen, but that error message comes up when I try to download the bin from the pcm.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:12 AM
TECH Addict

You do not use tunerpro to load or download the tune. Only to alter it and datalog.

http://www.tunercat.com/winflash_des...lash_desc.html

Use this. Change your laptops date/time to 2030 before installing.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks LSWHO! Why was it though, that my computer would not read the TPS or the battery voltage, and would show random values for the engine speed, vehicle speed, and the MAP voltage? I thought you should be able to read that kind of stuff when datalogging or plugged in, correct?

Last edited by nascarextreme; 04-17-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:51 AM
Staging Lane

Also, now that I have installed the WinFlash I cannot find the program. There was a new folder created in my Start menu that is called "C.A.T.S." but the only file in there is the "Uninstall C.A.T.S. Flash Utility Program". Where do I find the program that actually opens the window to allow you to read the PCM?

Sorry for all of the questions at once.. Just trying to figure this out. Not that I am in a rush or anything.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nascarextreme
Thanks LSWHO! Why was it though, that my computer would not read the TPS or the battery voltage, and would show random values for the engine speed, vehicle speed, and the MAP voltage? I thought you should be able to read that kind of stuff when datalogging or plugged in, correct?
Can't really help you with tunerpro data logging. It never worked for me either, I ended up buying datamaster.

Also try uninstalling and reinstalling win flash. No idea what happened there too.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Staging Lane

That did not work. Possibly a bad file? Anyone have another download link?
Old 04-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

Well, I got freescan to work so I know it isn't the cable. I really wish I could get Tunerpro to work since it looks like it would work out so nicely. Does winflash work on Windows 7?

Is there any place on the internet that you can put up a scan to share with others? I thought I had seen something before.

Quick Reply: Import BIN from PCM