LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ok

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok

OK so since my car is down for the trans rebuild I have had the time to try and figure out the coolent lose problem that I've been having. Well here we go. I've posted on here a couple times on this problem and still havent figured it out. I'm loosing coolant from somewere and cant figure it out. I've done a compreshion check,I've done a pressure check to check for leaks, found a bad hose clamp and fixed it didnt fix the problem, any other ideas? I've heard that it could be leaking threw the intake manifold gasket and evaperating. Is that possible and if it helps I haven't had heat since I've owned the car. I has a 160 therm in it that was changed 3 months ago. Any help or advise would be nice. Thank you.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you dont have heat it's either a bad damper door or the cable that operates it, or your heater core or lines are pluged. Even with a 160 thermo you should get some ok heat in dead nutz winter time with temps below 32*. As for the coolant level I would check and see with a test kit if you have exhaust in the coolant. If so more than likley a head gasket. You might also pull the carpet up on the passenger side floor board and see if it's wet over there. Since you dont have heat the heater core may have a small hole in it or I have seen radiators that have small holes that don't leave any water after you park them. It's going somewhere, sometimes it's easier to find then others but you just have to start digging.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

were can i get the test kit at and i have check the carpet sorry i didnt mention that and i dont have any kind of coolant smell in my car
Old 04-21-2011, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Could it be a clogged radiator I pulled my overflow and dump a crap load of dirt out of it

Quick Reply: Ok